Shift from eating to lose to eating to maintain/tone?

AmyRosebud1984
AmyRosebud1984 Posts: 26 Member
edited November 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi all,
I still have a bit of weight I'm wanting to drop before I make this shift but I wanted to start educating myself. I've dropped about 125 pounds with eating right and walking. I know how to eat for weight loss and typically eat pretty clean. I am looking to begin incorporating more exercise in to my life and curious if people have tips or resources for eating well with that lifestyle change? Looking for tips on what types of food to eat and when, how many calories l potentially increase, etc? Any and all feedback welcome. Also feel free to add me if looking for mutual support. Always welcome a new friend. :) thanks in advance!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    You are asking what foods to eat in maintenance? Or foods to eat in order to run a recomp? Can you be more clear?

Either way, it's still about calories. Maintenance calories to maintain, maintenance calories and heavy lifting to recomp (I guess that's what you mean by "tone").

Regardless, resistance training before you get to maintenance is ideal, as you will save more lean muscle mass in a deficit.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Its a lot harder to maintain!!! My weight is all over the place week to week I jump from 184 to 192 then back down I just adjust weekly via food prep but have been doing this for 5 months so must be doing it right. I'm down 100lbs too..