Trying to bulk with active work lifestyle

Options
Trying to gain around 10kg, currently at 70 kg 5'11
Looking for any tips to help with having a job that burns so much

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Gotta eat more than you're expending. It's as simple as that:)
  • lee41major
    lee41major Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your and ectomorph body type considering your height and weight. You need to count the calories and adjust them until you starting gaining. I'm currently on 3700 calories a day and doing SL 5x5 3times a week and only just gaining a pound a week which I'm happy with. Are you exercising alongside your hectic job?
  • AlecGilmour
    AlecGilmour Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yea cheers for the advice
    Today's the first time I've counted what I get in a day and was 16800kj but I ate a bit more than usual today
    Currently doing bench press 50kg deadlifts 50kg Squats 20kg 15 Kg bicep curls and pull ups dips and push ups 3-4 times a week
  • AlecGilmour
    Options
    And my work is a concretor , where I basically doing an intense cardio session once a day for 45-1hour while the truck is getting discharged
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    lee41major wrote: »
    I'm guessing your and ectomorph body type considering your height and weight. You need to count the calories and adjust them until you starting gaining. I'm currently on 3700 calories a day and doing SL 5x5 3times a week and only just gaining a pound a week which I'm happy with. Are you exercising alongside your hectic job?

no such thing as ecotomorphs….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - you need to figure out what your gain level calories and get into at least a 250 calorie surplus, make sure you are hitting macros and micros, and get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, all pro beginner routine, etc….
  • AlecGilmour
    Options
    Hey cheers for that, I'm not to farmilliar with working out my gain level calories
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey cheers for that, I'm not to farmilliar with working out my gain level calories

Set you account to maintain and track calories for 1 month, track weight and then you can adjust calories or we can help you based on your weight progress.