Feeling like a dirty girl...Grrrrr.....

Options
13»

Replies

• highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't carry, then who cares. You shouldn't go to the gym to impress people by smelling good. I couldn't care what people think in the gym, I'm not there for to mess around or worry what people think they smell (if anything blame it on another person LOL!).

I have 2 sets of clothes I hang them to dry when I get home and alternate between them for the week.

Not smelling horrible is a common courtesy to those around you.

It's a shame that this isn't common sense. I don't have a ton of gym clothes but that just means I do a lot of laundry!
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So I wash my gym clothes every time I use them but when I put them back on as soon as I start working out they start smelling. I am so worried others will smell me and get offended. Any ideas on what I should be washing them with?

I cloth diaper my kids... and I believe you may experiencing the same issues I run into with the dipes. It's a build up issue. A lot of times your detergent can build up in your clothes, especially fabrics made for wicking moisture (if you think about it makes perfect sense) and your sweat/skin cells/etc can actually attach to the detergent molecules. Just needs a good stripping ;)

Wash all your stuff in an XL load (gives it lots of room to agitate and move freely) with Hot- HOT water (I've even cranked up my hot water heater to do a stripping cycle) with a cup of apple cider vinegar. Do the extra rinse cycle. If they still smell of vinegar, and that bugs you, do another cycle (or how ever many it takes) with just water.

For more detailed info (measurements, how often to strip, etc.) just do a Google search on how to strip cloth diapers. Same exact concept.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    baking soda or white vinegar in your wash. Even soak over night. Then wash

^^^This!
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    baking soda or white vinegar in your wash. Even soak over night. Then wash

^^^This!

I second this.

If this fails, replace your laundry detergent (or half and half your laundry detergent) with borax. Borax is a natural odor killer. Worked great on baby clothes that had the ingrained spit-up smell.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am so worried others will smell me and get offended.

I am sure I get pretty smelly, but I am working out so unless it is English BO style smelly, then I don't worry about it.
  • JJ_Jane
    JJ_Jane Posts: 4
    Options
    anyone else see the topic, think... wahey?

read the post and though... arghh.. not exactly what i was expecting,

my advice though, try pre-rinsing your clothes before you wash them? just cold water in the sink, then put them through a machine on a good hot wash (if you can) with a flowery type washing powder/liquid.

also, if you have time (weather depending) let them hang to dry outside in a breeze..

this always seems to fix the ingrained smell of my rugby kit

Lol! I'm glad somebody appreciated my topic. It's called the bait and switch! :laugh: