Time to dump the fat clothes

samanthad2u
samanthad2u Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have gone down over 6 sizes and I still have a lot of my old clothes since I just don't want to spend money on clothes that will not fit soon. I was told that I should really get rid of the the larger sizes now because it can be to easy to slide back to size if I still have all the clothes. I heard the was a site for people who had bypass surgery to swap clothes as they lose wieght, anyone know what site this might be and if people who lost the weight without surgery can still do the clothes swap, any ideas?

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    I can't help you there but I'm keeping an eye on this post. I've lost about 15 lbs since really starting my diet and fitness plan about 4 weeks ago. I can feel that I'm about to drop a size or two. My clothes don't just look a little big - they're totally baggy right now. I'd love to find out if I can get away with losing the weight and not losing the money!
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    After a good brainwashing by watching season after season of What Not to Wear, I believe that shopping for the body you have is important. Of course, get rid of the clothes that don't fit anymore! Shop thrift stores and be creative- do you have a group of friends who might have a clothing swap?

Buying some staple pieces that fit and flatter will motivate you as well as showcase your new shape! I wish you all the best and congrats on dropping those sizes!!!
  • mhannan13
    mhannan13 Posts: 53
    I go to Plato's Closet and sell as much of my fat clothes as they will take (and they usually take a lot considering they are good quality and desirable sizes) and then I'll buy used smaller sized clothes for dirt cheap! I used to be kind of against second hand stores but I like having nice quality clothes and I can't afford to rebuy my wardrobe every 20 lbs.
This discussion has been closed.