I hate to question it...

Options
... But how is it possible to have lost 2.25 pounds since last Saturday when I have my goal set to 0.5 pounds a week, I went over my goal a couple of times and I have done no exercise (not that I usually do but...)! I even had a day were I drank nearly 1000 calories of alcohol.. I have even lost an inch off my hips and half an inch off my waist.

I don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth but I'm just a bit amazed!! I wasn't expecting weight this low until the new year?

Replies

• Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Water weight.
    Where you are in your cycle.
    Weight fluctuates all the time, for lots of reasons.
    Just remember this the next time the scale is up for what seems like no reason. ;)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Its happened to Me also. Weight loss isn't linear. So some weeks we will lose nothing and other weeks 2 lbs. As long as your overall longterm averages work out then its fine. If you have it set to one pound loss per week , over 2 months you should see around 8 lb loss. The weekly trends are hard to follow but when you look at your overall trends, you should start to see it even out. ( I say about 8lb in our hypothetical 2 month goal for one lb loss per week because its not going to be exact but as long as your close then your doing fine )
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Pawsforme wrote: »
    Water weight.
    Where you are in your cycle.
    Weight fluctuates all the time, for lots of reasons.
    Just remember this the next time the scale is up for what seems like no reason. ;)

I am bizarrely okay when the scale goes up, I can rationalize it. I think I am the only person who freaks out when the scale is lower than expected! Next Saturday when I step on the scale I am expecting it to be back at 136 or something!

This is the lowest weight I have been since turning 21 6 months ago :smiley:
  • amyr271
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Its happened to Me also. Weight loss isn't linear. So some weeks we will lose nothing and other weeks 2 lbs. As long as your overall longterm averages work out then its fine. If you have it set to one pound loss per week , over 2 months you should see around 8 lb loss. The weekly trends are hard to follow but when you look at your overall trends, you should start to see it even out. ( I say about 8lb in our hypothetical 2 month goal for one lb loss per week because its not going to be exact but as long as your close then your doing fine )

Thank you :) I just wasn't quite expecting to be that low, I had 130 pounds as a short term goal that I thought I would hit about February time and now I could do it at the start of new year?!
  • lynettekotze
    lynettekotze Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree it's probably water. A pint of water weighs about 1.25pounds, so first of all, the best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning after you've been to the toilet so you have very little fluids in you.
    Second, this is why weighing yourself is such an inaccurate measure of bodyfat. Having said that, I have one of those bodyfat scales, and the readings can be quite inconsistent there too, but I do think it's more helpful than just plain weighing yourself.
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I worry when I have a big loss too, especially when my diet has been bad - or I start thinking the scale is wrong... going up doesn't freak me out as much (so long as it doesn't stick!)
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Probably water. Maybe you took a big poop. Maybe you last weighed when you retaining water and no you aren't. If you are truly going over your calorie goal it'll catch up. Also, if I drink a lot I tend to get dehydrated and look shredded until I rehydrate so could be that depending when your night of drinking was. I'm probably 2-3 lbs less than normal after drinking a lot of alcohol.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in fits and starts. Our bodies have no concept of calendars (i.e., "This 0.5 lb must be lost in seven days--go!").
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    My daily weight fluctuations have been as much as 5 pounds from one day to the next, due to fluctuations in solid and liquid waste retention. Don't worry about it. If you calculate an exponentially smoothed moving average (a site like TrendWeight.com will do it for you), you can see the trend that underlies the fluctuations.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Water weight and normal daily fluctuation.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Water weight, but I can definitely saw the alcohol may have helped
  • lreints
    lreints Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Alcohol may have helped lose? I gave up drinking. Can I resume? Lol
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

Yes. I weigh daily and after a night of drinking my weight almost always goes down 2 more pounds than planned.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    lreints wrote: »

only if you want to be dehyrdrated and likely have a hang over ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Thank you :) I just wasn't quite expecting to be that low, I had 130 pounds as a short term goal that I thought I would hit about February time and now I could do it at the start of new year?![/quote]
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Um, no. It was a water weight loss and you're likely to regain it within a week
  • lreints
    lreints Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    lreints wrote: »

only if you want to be dehyrdrated and likely have a hang over ;)

Ha ha. Gotcha. Well I don't want that!
  • amyr271
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Um, no. It was a water weight loss and you're likely to regain it within a week

So far so good, it hasn't seemed to come back yet, and it has stayed at 134 pounds, if I don't gain it I will be happy and I do I am prepared :)

Thanks for all your responses