• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Errrica91 wrote: »
    Errrica91 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

so I've followed low carb diet most of my life and keto diet on and off for the last 5 months:-)
    My diet quite sucked last few weeks and I started the diet again a week ago including exercise. The thing is - I've been in ketosis for 5 days, drunk plenty of water, done Insanity 30 (HIIT) 5x/a week, and yoga for stretch mainly AND I went from 141lbs to almost 145lbs :(

I'm not PMSing or anything I plan on keeping zero carbs for a few more days, I have enough of protein, AND healthy fats. So what's the problem?:(

OP--how old are you?

I'm 23, why?:)

Just curious. When I see someone post a certain their entire lives I get curious. At any rat, the simple answer to your query is water weight. The diet isn't causing weight gain(Temporary) but the exercise might be. Before someone has their panties/boxers/leaves/loin cloth getting twisted.....excess calories will lead to weight gain. CICO applies first, track calories and go about your day. Best of luck.

What is this??^^^^Makes no sense besides coming off as snarky.

So giving advice is snarky? Well it is your opinion and on a public forum everybody provides them. As far as someone writing about their whole life and a diet at the very least it is an indicator they haven't figured out lifestyle over diet. If this is snarky I am fine with it.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The snarky part could have been:
    Before someone has their panties/boxers/leaves/loin cloth getting twisted.....excess calories will lead to weight gain.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Before someone has their panties/boxers/leaves/loin cloth getting twisted.....excess calories will lead to weight gain.

I like it. It is poetic. B)
  • _Terrapin_
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ah, I see. Got it. Thanks for the clarity. I can see where this would be snarky for some people. Then again, it could be something else. Hmm. . . .
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Really?

Granted, I came from a far tougher forum, but I don't see the snarkiness. Lame joke, yes, snark, no.

(I'm totally joking Terrapin).
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Leaf twisting ... leaf wedgie?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well I assume you eat high fat food... so I'm going to assume that you're not estimating your food properly and are eating more than you think (which is easy to do considering that high fat food doesn't always have the same exact fat content, and it can be a pretty big difference in calories if your piece of steak has more fat than the average).

So.. eat less.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Am I missing something? Is this one of those things that has a meaning I don't understand?

• queenliz99
    Options

I like the loin cloth thought. Rock hard abs in a loin cloth.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Think Tarzan or Jane. I am not judging what people wear but felt I needed to include all walks. . . .and covers.

• _Terrapin_
    Options

Really?

Granted, I came from a far tougher forum, but I don't see the snarkiness. Lame joke, yes, snark, no.

(I'm totally joking Terrapin).

Okay, so I do not want to derail the thread further. . .but. . . 8500 calories a day for 50 days. Seriously. My head hurts. . . . .50 Ironman's would be just brutal. Sorry OP. Go back to your regular programming everybody.

• nvmomketo
    Options

Am I missing something? Is this one of those things that has a meaning I don't understand?

Nah. I'm babbling. Need dinner.

Ugh, that sounded trazan like... Me ketomom. Need food.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Think Tarzan or Jane. I am not judging what people wear but felt I needed to include all walks. . . .and covers.

Ok, so that was how I took it. But I work with teens. They have all these crazy phrases that seem innocent to me but have totally different meanings than I understand. I thought perhaps we stumbled upon one of those.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

hehehhe....awwww a poet?!? And. . . I already failed my 30 challenge! >:) Tomorrow starts another 30 day mark. Ugh.
  • queenliz99
    Options

hehehhe....awwww a poet?!? And. . . I already failed my 30 challenge! >:) Tomorrow starts another 30 day mark. Ugh.

Arrgghh!!
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Arrgghh!!

I. . . . .I forgot. . . lost my way. . . . . .now I start again another day. See?!? Poetry.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    The answer is in your post: starting a new exercise program, especially a hard one, causes you to retain water to aid in the repair and recovery process. Give yourself a month before you start getting concerned about your gain. The only way you would gain 5 actual pounds in a week is if you consistently eat 4000-5000 calories a day every day, which does not sound likely even if you are not tracking your food accurately.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ah, I see. Got it. Thanks for the clarity. I can see where this would be snarky for some people. Then again, it could be something else. Hmm. . . .

I found it amusing, but I also recommend people go commando while here... Less bunching, twisting, and wadding. :laugh:

ETA: OP, I suspect it is water weight from the increase in exercise, give it some time, but also make sure your calories are in line with deficit.