How quickly did you see results?

Options
Hi guys,

I was wondering how quickly you saw results when you first started logging food etc.
So my question is.. what is your weight loss strategy (sounds weird i know, didn't know how to formulate it better) and how quickly did you notice a change in both your body and the way you felt?

Thank you so much in advance

Love x

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The first week.

I just log everything I eat and try to stay around my goal. I eat anything I want, 95% in moderation, the other 5% being holidays/birthdays and IDGAF days.

My pants size didn't change for a while, probably at least 3 months, but the ones I had were getting tight and they finally ended up fitting better. Feeling better was also pretty immediate, as in the first 2 weeks I was feeling pretty good.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The first week. I mean...I set myself to lose 2 pounds, logged my food/stayed in a deficit, and lost 2 pounds.

As far as being able to physically see changes, it took probably 5-10 pounds. I saw results my first month and like ninkyou said, I FELT better right away.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    Options
    For me...I started noticing results in as little as 3 weeks
  • myweightloss2018
    myweightloss2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow.. I didn't expect that!
    I'm starting a 1200 calorie diet now and I am really curious about what good food, a calorie deficit and a lot of exercise will do. My eating pattern for the last couple of months was absolute crap, so we'll see.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm starting a 1200 calorie diet now and I am really curious about what good food, a calorie deficit and a lot of exercise will do. My eating pattern for the last couple of months was absolute crap, so we'll see.

The exercise will allow you to eat more. If you're eating 1200 calories, and you MFP tells you you burn 300, you can eat about 1400 that day and still lose at the same rate. I say 1400 because the app overestimates calorie burns.
  • myweightloss2018
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

The exercise will allow you to eat more. If you're eating 1200 calories, and you MFP tells you you burn 300, you can eat about 1400 that day and still lose at the same rate. I say 1400 because the app overestimates calorie burns.

Ah cool! So you eat back the calories?
    May I ask how you got the body you have now?
    Can I send you a message with some questions?
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Ah cool! So you eat back the calories?
    May I ask how you got the body you have now?
    Can I send you a message with some questions?

Yes. MFP gives you the amount of calories to eat before exercise, so if you exercise...bonus.

I achieved this through heavy lifting at a calorie deficit. You can message me if you want
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I started at 300 pounds 2.5 years ago. I am 52, 5'8" tall. I started by just reducing carbs and monitoring my blood sugar and lost 30 pounds by this time last year.

I was terrified that I would gain back all that I had lost over the holidays so I gritted my teeth and tried to really stick to my no pasta, rice, potatoes and goodies rule except on the actual feast days.

The first of January, I was thrilled that I had maintained my weight! So I started counting calories and eating 1200 calories a day, and logging my food. I started walking on my treadmill 15 minutes a day and immediately felt the results! I wore size 24 jeans then and have steadily dropped sizes.

By February I was walking 30 minutes a day, by March, 45 minutes. In April, an hour and in May I actually started jogging for the first time in my life. I jogged 1 tenth of a mile around an indoor track!

I have entered a 5k race each month since May. I joined a gym and do weight training. I did water aerobics classes and Zumba. I just got a bike, but won't be able to ride it til spring, probably. A year ago I could just barely walk from the house to my car, so all of this still seems incredible to me!

I have steadily lost 2 pounds per week and I feel awesome. I have felt so good this whole time and a big part of that is mental. It feels so good to take care of myself. I dont have to feel guilty or ashamed any more!

The past month or so I have only been losing about a pound a week or so, so I am having to adjust my expectations, but I know that it is normal to lose less as you get closer to your goal

I just started wearing size 14 pants and I have lost a total of 111 pounds.

I am not worried about the holidays this year, I am looking at it as a challenge. I'm going to continue to meet my exercise and calorie goals and have some special treats along the way.

• Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for a month now but haven't weighed myself yet. After the first two weeks, I was feeling results... I felt like I had less fat on my hips and less bloating in my face. However, I had a solid 4 day setback where I went crazy with food and beer so I'm still recovering from that. My clothes aren't fitting any differently and I only see a very slight change since the beginning of the month. My weigh in day is this coming tuesday, so we'll see what the scale has to say!
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    For me it takes about 5-10 lbs to see a proper difference.

But I immediately feel better after a few days of restricting my calorie intake. It reduces my bloating and just makes me feel so much flatter which is a great confidence boost to get you going :)
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @myweightloss2018

I saw progress pretty fast. I dropped from size 38-34 pants in 4 weeks. I lost 39 lbs in 7. I have pictures posted if you're interested just search my name in the forums.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started eating 1200 calories a day but usually came in at 71100 and would also run a mile and do a 10/15 minute in him workout. I lost 13 pounds in a month and a half. I felt alert and productive during the entire process. The running never got any easier though. It may have if it had continued but in the time that i did it it remained equally difficult.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Not fast enough that it was considered 'easy', but fast enough that I never got discouraged.....had some plateaus for a few weeks but didn't give up.

Ate at a small deficit, lifted a lot of weights, and did 'some' cardio-not a huge fan though :)

good luck, keep asking and follow the advice of the fine ladies who have already posted. They know their stuff
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight 10 days after I started ... I didn't see a difference in myself for at least 2 months. I knew I was losing weight, I just couldn't see the difference.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I felt less bloated which made my clothes fit better in the first few weeks.
    Went from 12's to 10's after the first 15.
    Still got that damned double chin.
    Work in progress ;)
  • FSLSBSmfp
    FSLSBSmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in, nothing yet! I think by weeks 6-12 I will notice a big difference.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I started working with a personal trainer and logging at the same time. I lost 5 lb the first week, another 5 the 2nd week, noticed looser clothes & increased strength 2-3 weeks. 18 months later I'm down 119 lbs with about 30 left to goal, walk 4-5 miles per day, and am stronger than I ever imagined possible, given the very low place I started from.
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Did 1200 cal diet for 4 weeks and lost 8 lbs. eating a calorie deficit really works! Been maintaining for about 3 mo. now. Working on decreasing body fat and building muscle.
  • thefitpandaproject
    Options
    When I do the 1200 cal diet, I didn't see any difference for the first 10lbs. I managed to hit 160lbs but I'm currently 176lbs (this is one of my heaviest) My height is around 5'10". So I lost 16lbs gain 16 lbs with clothes I look about the same, same size same everything maybe a little tighter here and there. Although I gain back my weight the inches didn't go back to the old form, it added a few from the 160lbs form but not as big as the old 176lbs form. Going to get back on track soon! After my final few papers! :)
  • myweightloss2018
    Options
    thank you for the replies :)