Advice much appreciated!

Options
Hi guys! So I've been doing the Slim in 6 fitness dvd for a while and can already feel a difference and its great for me to modify the workouts because I have arthritis in my right knee. Recently I was told that if I worked out too often (more than 2 times a week in her eyes) my fat will get turned into muscle and I won't be able to lose any weight. Is it true? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I just want to make sure I'm doing this properly.

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Fat can't turn into muscle, you are safe from that. Eat at a deficit, keep working out and the fat will get used for fuel.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Misinformation. You are not going to build muscle if you are eating in a deficit (which you didn't mention here). Building muscle takes effort and eating enough to support that. But even if you did, why would that be a bad thing? Having muscle to support your body seems like a good thing to me.
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It's really not a stupid question. There is so much misinformation out there, it's hard to figure out what's correct. I think the diet industry survives through keeping people confused and desperately grasping onto the next great fad, because the last one only worked for a week.
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice! Before I started I was extremely confused because each website I went on was telling me something different each time and it didn't help me hearing that from her but thank you again for explaining that to me!