Feeling inadequate? Read this & feel better!

Options

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    there are more ways than one to skin a cat. You are proof.

Cookies? Be careful they are the devil's work.
  • brownels
    brownels Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is lol hysterical! Thanks for keeping it real. Congratulations!
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    5 cocktails :some included fruits and vegetables
    Healthy for the win!!! Lol I'd be saying the same thing in my mind... But but but there's a celery stick so it's ALL good :D
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Total awesomeness! Well done, and keep it up.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    @SLLRunner May I ask why you are rolling around a giant red ball in public?

• blkandwhite77
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    @SLLRunner May I ask why you are rolling around a giant red ball in public?

There wasn't enough room in the house maybe.... Lol
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My diary is even more abysmal (more liquor, more ice cream, maybe more pizzas, definitely more tacos), and I've lost about 34 pounds over the last 94 days. Yay for science! Understanding cico makes dieting way more manageable and far less stressful.

But, it's ridiculously easy to maintain a huge deficit as a large male. It feels like it should be harder than it is. I think I need to adjust my height actually, since I still lose more than I expect. Or just lower my deficit.

But, yeah. I like this thread. Makes weight loss look way more fun than the media portrayal.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, you boys definitely have the numbers in your favor! But it's all good!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @SLLRunner are you taking all the red Target balls from the empty stores in Canada back to the USA?
    If so could I have 3 for my garden, please?

Cheers, h.
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    It's a challenge. Strength training with a goal being to roll the big concrete balls from target off its concrete hinges. Heaveeeeeee hooooooooeeeeee
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »

21 tacos. I can't live without tacos. That's a little more than one taco a week.

@scolaris

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the "MFP Crushes" thread. But if you keep posting stuff like this, you will end up on it! :)

But great going on showing results without taking all the fun foods out of life. I don't look at losing weight as depriving myself of anything, just moderating how I eat certain foods. And I hope everyone is doing that rather than passing up something they enjoy but avoid, when they could easily fit it into a balanced diet that works.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    makes me wanna grab some pizza and beer lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I like your normality

Success without self-flagellation (unless of course, that's your thing) rocks!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Nice post.
    Losing weight doesn't have to be miserable
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha... Thank you to all who commented above and shared a laugh with me. @rabbitjb : no one has ever complimented me on my normality before!! ~blushes~. @robertw486 : I know... it's the tacos... they're provocative! Who doesn't love the mental image of a woman utterly abandoned to the sensual pleasure of eating a taco, meat juices dripping down her chin, cilantro caught between her teeth, maybe even a few crispy tortilla shards scattered about her decolletage? I shall be very careful!

I sat down & wrote this because my sweet cat Maisie was missing and I wanted to take my mind off that predicament. By the end of the day we were pretty certain she was not hiding in the house because we had gone through everything with a fine tooth comb, we had not found her in the garden and we began alerting neighbor's. It was very scary and sad. She is small and shy semi feral Manx we rescued. I haven't had a cat that long, so I am still learning a lot myself. With a very heavy heart I prepared myself mentally to start in the next morning making fliers, contacting shelters, walking the busiest nearby road corridors checking for her body, and canceling the road trip I was supposed to begin today.

Well, last night she walked up to the back door & started crying for food! I guess she really did set off exploring but still found her way home... And, a very nice sounding person on MFP sent me a personal note saying this thread convinced them not to quit! So there was happiness all around.

Thank you to everyone who killed a little time with me here! It is good to laugh.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Great list! Thanks!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    This sooooo deserves a sticky!

Love it! :smiley:
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    this is a great post, what it's all about. You could have been 20 lbs heavier, but you're not. Congratulations
    I would truly hate to count my glasses of wine.
  • Lida16
    Lida16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks for posting this
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Awesome!