Losing the last 7lb

Options
Has anyone got any advice of how to lose the stubborn pounds. I have lost 1.5 stone with this app but have struggled for the last 6 months to lose another 7 pounds. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the last 5 lbs. It takes patience for sure.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    The scale is finally moving as I'm not eating back exercise calories. I'm down to less than 5 to go. And when i say moving I mean about a half pound a week, which is fine. At least it's moving.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    wish i could help but i am down to my last 7 lbs as well. Would love to hear any suggestions.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 8 too after losing 75! I was maintaining for a few weeks but I know it's because I was really slacking on my logging. I tightened it up and focused more getting my macros and now I've taken off another pound this week.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with the above - tighten up your logging! :)
    Congratulations on your amazing progress so far - these last 7 will most certainly come off but you have to keep keeping on and have patience. Make sure you are weighing every thing as accurately as possible and keep doing what you've been doing. Aim for a 0.5 lb loss per week now (as you are very near to goal, anything higher would be a little too aggressive)! Good luck and well done!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you are confident your logging is at least consistent take c.100 - 150 calories a day off your current calorie goal.

The other option of course is to just carry on with your current rate of loss and be patient. It would give you a very easy transition to maintenance.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    My one tip is don't get demotivated by the lengthy process of losing the last few and get tempted into a fad diet or quick fix (or crazy zero cars or similar ) as you will return to still needing to lose those last few after you return to normal patterns. trust me! Just stick at it, your body is a stubborn one!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Review and update your reasons WHY and the HOW will take care of itself.
  • Olijinxy
    Olijinxy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your support and messages. I will let you all know how things go.
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi, how did you get on OP? Intrigued to know what happened over Xmas. I am in the same position, I've been fighting the last 7lbs for over a year, I keep gaining and losing but can't get to goal. I put a few pounds on over Xmas so now I need to lose 7lbs instead of 2lbs and it's just not shifting. Wondering if you've managed to do it and how you're getting on?