Determined to make it count - anyone joining me?

Options
Hi everyone!

This might be a bit of an essay but I think it might help to get things off my chest!

I had my daughter about 2 years ago, and went up to about 11st 2, which for my 5'2 frame was not great, so this time last year I joined slimming world and lost about a stone which I have managed to keep off. I also joined because I had been really getting into fitness and exercise about 6 weeks after my little girl was born but because of my bad diet I was still overweight.

However about 6 months ago I went through a breakup and inevitably the break up diet and lost around another half a stone which just fell off without me even trying, which I enjoyed at the time I admit. Also what with a little one to look after on my own and a new job and various health problems I started to skip my fitness and now I can't remember the last time I did some exercise which really hurts because I was working out at least 4 times a week, spinning, running and weights, which was a big deal for me, I hated sports and exercise always have done but I grew to love it. I am now at around 10s 4 which for my small frame is too much, I would like to get down to around 9 stone and my first goal is to lose 7lbs before the new year which is achievable for me if I put my mind to it!

So now I am determined to not let all my hard work all that time ago go to waste and put all the weight back on and catch it while I can, but I need somewhere to post and be accountable and to see other people are going through the same thing as me!

I heard through reading lots of threads you guys are really friendly so thought I would come on here and ask for some friends! Sad eh?

So if anyone cares to add me please feel free and I promise to try and support anyone who wants to support me!

Feel free to share your story and why your back!

Replies

• chadchima
    chadchima Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sambaylis wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

This might be a bit of an essay but I think it might help to get things off my chest!

I had my daughter about 2 years ago, and went up to about 11st 2, which for my 5'2 frame was not great, so this time last year I joined slimming world and lost about a stone which I have managed to keep off. I also joined because I had been really getting into fitness and exercise about 6 weeks after my little girl was born but because of my bad diet I was still overweight.

However about 6 months ago I went through a breakup and inevitably the break up diet and lost around another half a stone which just fell off without me even trying, which I enjoyed at the time I admit. Also what with a little one to look after on my own and a new job and various health problems I started to skip my fitness and now I can't remember the last time I did some exercise which really hurts because I was working out at least 4 times a week, spinning, running and weights, which was a big deal for me, I hated sports and exercise always have done but I grew to love it. I am now at around 10s 4 which for my small frame is too much, I would like to get down to around 9 stone and my first goal is to lose 7lbs before the new year which is achievable for me if I put my mind to it!

So now I am determined to not let all my hard work all that time ago go to waste and put all the weight back on and catch it while I can, but I need somewhere to post and be accountable and to see other people are going through the same thing as me!

I heard through reading lots of threads you guys are really friendly so thought I would come on here and ask for some friends! Sad eh?

So if anyone cares to add me please feel free and I promise to try and support anyone who wants to support me!

Feel free to share your story and why your back!

• chadchima
    chadchima Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sambaylis,
    Congratulations to you on your commitment to fitness. I was previously very fit but with college and a stressful job, the inches started creeping on. I think that this app works pretty well if you stick to it so will be happy to buddy up with you to make sure we log food and exercise so we can both meet our fitness goals. I am about 20lbs away from what I would call my ideal weight but I want to take time to do it in a sustainable and healthy way.
    Good luck and keep logging!

[/quote]

• Sandicb0324
    Sandicb0324 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I, like you am in the same boat. Used to be very active, but fell "off the wagon" so to speak. Have really been going back at it hard the past few weeks so I know the struggle. Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • sambaylis
    sambaylis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi both!

Thanks for replying, didn't really think people would take much notice but I have had lots of friend requests as well which is really nice!

Life happens to the best of us but I think that as long as you can recognise where your going wrong then it's not completely hopeless!

I am the same I want to try and do it the healthy way that I can keep up, more like a lifestyle change!

Well done Sandi for getting back on the wagon! The first step is always the hardest!