Any recipes for banana flavour protein shake?

Options
bfitgirl
bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
D'Oh!

Bought what I thought was vanilla protein shake only realized what it was when I took a huge gulp of it in the gym!

I'm not a fan:sick:

Any ideas of what I could make with it that would mask the strong banana flavour?

Thanks,

Replies

• Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options
    Too late for this batch, but in the future I would steer clear of anything labelled as "protein shake", or in fact anything with flavour or sweeteners at all.

If you get bulk Whey Protein Isolate (the big of a protein shake you actually want) you can add your own sweeteners or fruits or flavours or whatever to it later, plus you can easily incorporate it into other foods and receipes because it has no flavour of its own.

Whey Protein Isolate + frozen fruit + water in a single serving blender makes a spectacular, low calorie, high protein, shake with more protein per serving than a packaged shake mix, and it tastes better and the next batch you make, you can make with different fruit, rather than having a giant tub of banana flavoured shake.
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Too late for this batch, but in the future I would steer clear of anything labelled as "protein shake", or in fact anything with flavour or sweeteners at all.

If you get bulk Whey Protein Isolate (the big of a protein shake you actually want) you can add your own sweeteners or fruits or flavours or whatever to it later, plus you can easily incorporate it into other foods and receipes because it has no flavour of its own.

Whey Protein Isolate + frozen fruit + water in a single serving blender makes a spectacular, low calorie, high protein, shake with more protein per serving than a packaged shake mix, and it tastes better and the next batch you make, you can make with different fruit, rather than having a giant tub of banana flavoured shake.

thanks, its handy for me to have it dry and mix after the gym. But i'll definitely check out the cost with Isolate compared to my regular 'shake'
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Banana bread
  • Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options

thanks, its handy for me to have it dry and mix after the gym. But i'll definitely check out the cost with Isolate compared to my regular 'shake'

In this case you could mix isolate with chocolate milk mix or some vanilla instant pudding mix, then add water and shake at the gym.