This Fitbit motivation story is so true.

Options
silvermist2013
silvermist2013 Posts: 7 Member
edited November 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I know I need my Fitbit to really make more effort. I could totally relate to this.

http://mommyperfect.com/2015/11/fitbit-motivation/

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Not that Fitbit is any better than the rest of the bands out there. But a good story none the less.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Nice story. After I got my Fitbit I started asking my husband to park as far from the grocery store as possible, started eagerly taking out the recycling and compost, and happily took the longest route possible around the house. Now that my Fitbit has been sent off to get fixed or replaced we park as close to the store as possible and I don't take out the compost and recycling unless guilt takes over. I haven't gained any weight, but sure hope I get my Fitbit back soon (and so does my husband).
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Step-counters etc are great motivators.

I quit smoking in May 2014, and 6 months later I rewarded myself with an iPhone 6. Some time later, I noticed it was counting my steps. This was the kick in the pants I needed. I actively increased my steps month-by-month.

Now, I've lost 24 kg, I'm doing 19,000 steps a day, have started running, and use a Fitbit Charge HR to track sleep, heart rate and runs.

Data for the win!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Step-counters etc are great motivators.

I quit smoking in May 2014, and 6 months later I rewarded myself with an iPhone 6. Some time later, I noticed it was counting my steps. This was the kick in the pants I needed. I actively increased my steps month-by-month.

Now, I've lost 24 kg, I'm doing 19,000 steps a day, have started running, and use a Fitbit Charge HR to track sleep, heart rate and runs.

Data for the win!

I use my iPhone 6S Plus to track my steps at work. My day never ends without at least 10,000+ steps. This showed me that I needed to eat more for my activity level, since I work out after work as well.