What you have for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    On mornings where I exercise, I have milk with protein powder. On mornings where I don't exercise, usually a serving of cottage cheese with either a banana or a Greek yogurt.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or scrambled eggs. Today I had some left over haddock from supper and scrambled eggs. Yummy
  • caylacff
    caylacff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bagel thin, light layer of cream cheese, topped with thinly cut slices of cucumber and tomato.
  • ArghMonday
    ArghMonday Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sausage and ham omelette with hashbrowns and rye toast with a side of silver dollar pancakes and OJ.

Okay what I really had was 2oz of Fiber One... a man can dream can't he.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I always make some kind of crustless quiche to heat and eat all week. This week is cabbage/bacon and it's my favorite one - 144 calories per 1/4 of the pan.

I would love this recipe if possible!
    Sure! Sauté and crisp 4 slices of chopped center cut bacon. Put aside, reserve the fat. Sauté 8oz of sliced cabbage in the bacon fat until soft. In a separate bowl beat 4 eggs, 4 egg whites (3/4 cup liquid egg whites), 1/4 cup skim milk, salt and pepper. Put your cabbage in a parchment lined cake pan, pour in your egg mixture, top with crumbled bacon and sliced scallions. Bake at 400 for about 20-25 mins until set.

You can switch up the ingredients, but we like this one and BLT the best.
    pqzqqzld3id6.jpg

In the morning before work I just take my 1/4 wedge, slice it in half and warm it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    My go to is turkey bacon, eggs, toast.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I am very, very boring. In the warmer weather, my breakfast (eaten around 11:00) is usually cottage cheese with pumpkin and nuts or cottage cheese with chopped veggies topped with sriracha. Once it gets colder, I like oatmeal with pumpkin and protein powder.

This may sound like a daft question, but we don't really 'do' pumpkin in the UK: I have some tinned pumpkin (I give it to my dog, but it's regular Libby's pumpkin). How much should I put into my oatmeal?

ETA: I mean for taste, I don't expect anyone to work out my calories LOL!

I use 120 grams to 40 grams of oats. Stir it in and heat through. Add some cinnamon and allspice.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I had a spicy beef enchilada from Lean Cuisine.... it was filling and delicious! I tend to not eat traditional foods for breakfast.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't vary a lot because I find it easier to track and maintain.

So...

Bagel with cream cheese - 450 calories
    Oatmeal with a bit of butter, brown sugar and maple syrup - 300 calories
    Yogurt with granola in cottage cheese - 510 calories

Do breakfast burritos often too with simple eggs, cheese, and ham, bacon, or chorizo - 450 to 600 calories
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I alternate between a sachet of porridge, toast with nutella,Greek 0% yoghurt and fruit or crumpets. Usually between 200-400cals on breakfast
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Most days I eat jasmine rice topped with turkey bacon, 1 egg, green onions and gluten free soy sauce. I change it up sometimes, gluten free cereal with almond milk, 2 egg omelet with bacon, avocado, tomato and salsa verde with skillet potatoes, usually using up whatever leftovers I have around. Breakfast tacos are a favorite too, with corn tortillas, retried beans, egg, potatoes, veggies, whatever's around and needs to be used up. This morning I had a Pamela's blueberry lemon whenever bar and coffee when I had to rush out the door.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Some of you sure can make nice looking food.

I eat the same thing most days and it is my one meal that is around 1300 calories to start my day.

For starters I have 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened coconut flakes and 15-20 almonds.

Then I move to coffee which is coffee, 100% cacao, 5 tablespoons of organic unrefined coconut oil, 2 oz. of Heavy Whipping cream and about a .25 to .5 teaspoon of shilajit for flavor and trace minerals.

I have one boiled egg with the coffee and I take my krill oil, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2 with the coffee since it is high in fat.

Then I have a cup of green tea with 4 8" long pieces of celery.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Salami, ham, pepperoni topped with a slice or two of cheese then nuked for 20 seconds has been my go to. Yum! Deviled eggs made with mayo topped with generous amounts of bacon.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Half cup kodiak cakes, baking soda and vanilla extract mixed with water or egg whites or almond milk. Topped with a half a cup of frozen mixed berries and Cary's SF syrup!