Not done yet, but had to share

Options
serenitymcc
serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
edited November 2015 in Success Stories
I ran my first 5k today and exceeded my expectations tremendously. I'm not terribly proud of this, but as I crossed the finish line with my fastest time ever, in my excitement I shouted, "F* ck yeah!" You can see by my face how stoked I was =D. Last July I weighed 253 lbs and quite literally had not been deliberately physically active since age 11 (1985). I have lost 85 lbs mostly with MyFitnessPal and started walking in February-ish this year. I then did C25k for 16 weeks from the end of May through the end of September. Today my time was 33:16 with lots of hills and brutal wind. I couldn't be more proud of myself and thankful for groups like this one. When I need a dose of encouragement, these success stories are where I come to find it.

Me at 250+
0_zpsvsf1me7z.jpg
1_zps7zry6zcs.jpg

Me today:
FB_IMG_1448246688876_zpsczkjirkt.jpg
FB_IMG_1448248309256_zpsvwditylx.jpg

Today I have a 336 streak on MFP. I still have about 40 lbs to go, but the number is nowhere near as important to me as how I feel about myself. I've gone from size 24 to 12. And I CAN RUN! The self-confidence I've gained by setting then meeting goals is incredible. Feeling proud of myself for real accomplishments is the greatest NSV them all.

I mean it when I say if I can do it, so can you.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    That smile on your face says it all. Congratulations and well done, you certainly deserves this and more.

I remember the days when I use to run, the feeling was out of this world. That's my goal for next year to start running again. I hurt my groin this year so that was out of the question, but you have certainly inspired me to go for this next year.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic and have every right to feel proud of your accomplishments
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Nicely done :)
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You should frame the pic of you crossing the finish line. Your face says it all. Thank you for sharing. Congrats!
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Your smile says it all :)
  • Juliapadg
    Juliapadg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go! My goal is to be able to run a 5k too, so you are seriously inspiring to me. You look beautiful too! :)
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've been thinking about Couch25k and even downloaded the app, just haven't hit play yet..but your pictures are so inspiring. I may just have to start this week! Thank you! I also come to the boards daily because I get so much inspiration from them to keep going or to try new things. Thank you! :)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    WOOOHOOO! Grats! That's awesome =D Love the c25k program!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Wow, your progress is amazing! Keep up the awesome work - you are such an inspiration!! :D
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You should be so damn proud of that "*kitten* Yea!" that you shout it a few more times! :#
    You look amazing! Great job and congrats on your 5k!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very nice lass :-)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats keep up the good work
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh em gee!!!!! So delighted and proud of you! As so many have said, the expression on your face says so much!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    YOU are AMAZING!!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal job! I love how happy you look crossing that finish line :smiley:
  • Eibh13
    Eibh13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look so well! Very happy for you xxx
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Fack yeah be proud! Awesome job!
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wtg! Doing great! And what an insperation you are!!!!
  • Aani15
    Aani15 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up!
    Keep it up, well done!
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!