Food scale measurements

Options
I've noticed that my food scale tends to give me smaller measurements than what I had been estimating with measuring cups. Does this sound right? I tested it's accuracy by weighing a nickel and it was correct. I'm just surprised that I was overestimating calories without it.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, food scale is so much more accurate. Way to go!!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Yes, sounds right! You'll get less of most foods when weighing them vs measuring them. It's much more accurate!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Measuring is much more accurate. ....this is a great video to watch.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yup. It is amazing how much of a difference when you start weighing. Much, much more accurate.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    Yes, sounds right! You'll get less of most foods when weighing them vs measuring them. It's much more accurate!

I have also found you can get more foods too! It's not all gloom and doom!! I was over reporting on some fruits. Yay me!!
  • queenliz99
    Options
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's why its the first thing everyone around here suggests when people aren't losing weight.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I have also found you can get more foods too! It's not all gloom and doom!! I was over reporting on some fruits. Yay me!!

I was surprised at how many blueberries I could get for my 100 grams! I LOVE blueberries.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I was surprised at how many blueberries I could get for my 100 grams! I LOVE blueberries.

Exactly, I was totally cheated :'(
  • kristenlynn09
    kristenlynn09 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

That's what I'm saying! I think I just worded it confusingly. But I find I get to eat a lot more!