What is your favorite way to eat avocado?

Options
allaboutthefood
allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
I LOVE avocado, not just for guacamole. How do you like to eat your avocados?

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Guacamole. ;)

It's also pretty good with grilled cheese.
  • Fattyblossom
    Fattyblossom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mashed on toast :smile:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    With chips
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    With a spoon. ;) They're also good in smoothies.
  • eclaire8511
    eclaire8511 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I found this recipe recently. I haven't tried it myself yet (I am going to make it tonight), but I think it looks promising!
    http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2013/07/chocolate-avocado-pudding.html
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    this may sound weird, but i take really ripe avocados, mash them, and mix it into pasta. it's like this creamy sauce and it's so good!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Straight up. All I need is a spoon. Yummm...
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I make what I call Mexican soup: canned diced tomatoes with juice + chicken broth + comino + carrots, celery,& onion. Then, when serving, I add chunks of avocado and fresh cilantro. Yummy!
  • Limmi
    Limmi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Black pepper, salt, lemon and a fried egg on top!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I make what I call Mexican soup: canned diced tomatoes with juice + chicken broth + comino + carrots, celery,& onion. Then, when serving, I add chunks of avocado and fresh cilantro. Yummy!

Yum! I'm going to try this!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I dice them and add them to my scrambled eggs.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Guacamole for sure

on all kinds of stuff
  • Edtower
    Edtower Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lightly mashed on toasted protien bread topped with a sunny side up bread.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Toast, bed of spinach, mushed avocado, slice of tomato on top and seasonings of your choice.
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    I found this recipe recently. I haven't tried it myself yet (I am going to make it tonight), but I think it looks promising!

It's very good, hope you like it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    sliced and mashed into a sandwich alongside a cooked egg...either on toast or an English muffin. So good!

My husband and I also like to make crab & avocado nachos for dinner sometimes. We usually count out 20 tortilla chips (10 each) and lay them out across a baking pan, then sprinkle on flake style imitation crabmeat, shredded cheese, green onion and/or grilled peppers, dot all over with salsa and sour cream...stick it under the broiler for about 3 min and then top with thin slices of avocado and diced cilantro. One of my favorite quick, relatively cheap & very easy dinners.
  • eclaire8511
    eclaire8511 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

It's very good, hope you like it.

Thanks! I just had a serving, and it is incredible! :)
  • AnnaSapphy
    AnnaSapphy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Homemade guacamole is amazing, I use a little celery salt to bump up the flavour.

May sound a little strange, but use the mashed avocado or guacamole instead of mayo in sandwiches. Ive actually used it instead of mayo in egg salad and tuna salad, and though it looked weird bc it was green, the flavour was amazing!

Avocado is a MUFA (Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acid) that is not only great for hair and skin, but helps regulate your blood sugar, which in turn eliminates cravings. I've found it very effective to eat a small amount at lunch or as a bedtime snack, as it keeps the munchies away!! Look up other MUFA foods to add to your diet as well.
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    I also use avocado in my tuna, chicken and egg salad, I make avocado salsa to go over fish and cilantro lime chicken, guacamole is our favorite snack food and we also put it on homemade kale turkey burgers, I make avocado baked eggs, eat them plain and chopped up with poached eggs on top, or some tuna, cherry tomatoes and cheese. I also make a Mexican soup that I add avocado to, also a paste to add to pasta or zucchini zoodles to make them creamy, the list goes on. Avocado is my go to food. They also go really nice with Mexican baked eggs, so good.
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    sliced and mashed into a sandwich alongside a cooked egg...either on toast or an English muffin. So good!

My husband and I also like to make crab & avocado nachos for dinner sometimes. We usually count out 20 tortilla chips (10 each) and lay them out across a baking pan, then sprinkle on flake style imitation crabmeat, shredded cheese, green onion and/or grilled peppers, dot all over with salsa and sour cream...stick it under the broiler for about 3 min and then top with thin slices of avocado and diced cilantro. One of my favorite quick, relatively cheap & very easy dinners.

That sounds really good, will have to try. Thank you