Not a very good day

Options
Walked out to the car to go to the gym for yoga class... flat tire.

So no workout and I ate TERRIBLY, about 400 calories over my suggested amount. Ugh.

Does anyone know if this will make a difference? Since I started on this web site a week ago I've been excited to weigh myself every morning. Not so excited for tomorrow morning!

Also, I've noticed that people post their progress on here so I'll do it too - should be good motivation.

Started on October 1st @ 158 pounds (I am 5'7") and have lost 3 pounds so far. My goal is to be somewhere around 135-140. I know it still sounds like a big number, but I'm pretty "curvy" so I think it'll be a healthy weight for me.

Going to start over tomorrow I guess! Every day is another opportunity!

Replies

• ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Walked out to the car to go to the gym for yoga class... flat tire.

So no workout and I ate TERRIBLY, about 400 calories over my suggested amount. Ugh.

Does anyone know if this will make a difference? Since I started on this web site a week ago I've been excited to weigh myself every morning. Not so excited for tomorrow morning!

Also, I've noticed that people post their progress on here so I'll do it too - should be good motivation.

Started on October 1st @ 158 pounds (I am 5'7") and have lost 3 pounds so far. My goal is to be somewhere around 135-140. I know it still sounds like a big number, but I'm pretty "curvy" so I think it'll be a healthy weight for me.

Going to start over tomorrow I guess! Every day is another opportunity!
  • anodyne
    Options
    That's not a big number at all, and if you are toned and curvaceous in the right places it can be quite slim.

I think the going over 400 may make a difference, but as with almost any change it will only make a difference in 3 or 4 days time, by which time everything you do in those 3 or 4 days will also make a difference, so it's quite simple to sort out. It's only doing it everyday for the intervening time that will make any gain from it permanent.

If you can't make it to a class why not do yoga at home? It's one of the easiest exercises to do without equipment or instructor, once you have the basics.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If it does make a difference in your weigh-in tomorrow... you can start all over again and make a better change.

I've gone over too.... 3x more than you so no worries.

I just got back on track.
  • melissac
    melissac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i am had a bad day too I never went over my 1200 i actually still came in under but i ate terrible food! garlic bread, pop ect. but the good news is my body felt terrible after eating it and i was very bloated the next day. I will not allow my self to do that again because i do not like feeling that way.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have an arsenal of yoga dvds....I highly recommend the Rodney Yee ones from Gaiam. My current favorite is called "Yoga Burn"...and believe me...you'll get the same workout as at the gym.

Nobody does well every single day. Every day is brand new. And, I've learned that guilt is a poison.

We have the same goal weight...although I'm half an inch shorter than you. I started at 220, and I'm almost there. And, if you have muscle mass, 140 is perfectly healthy!
  • arothermel
    arothermel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had a horrible week. I had one bad day and it just kept going down hill. I am using this Sunday morning to get my mind back on track. Did anyone watch Biggest Loser this past week. When Patti was excercising and he was telling her she was worth it, that hit me very hard. That is a huge issue with myself. Believing that I am worth it. I know that I am and I can say that I am, but I don't always believe it, if that makes sense.
    So, a new day, a new week and a new me.
    ITS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!
  • skherson28
    skherson28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible week too. I had a bad day earlier in the week, and yesterday I had fast food and went way over on calories. We just have to look at each new day a jus that, and even if it does effect the scale, that should make us even more determined to try harder.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    everyone has set backs. the important thing is to get back on the wagon and keep going.

i have direct tv and there is a channel fit that offers yoga, body sculting, kickboxing and aerobic classes at different times of the day so if you can't make it to the gym, you can bring the gym home.

the best website for a free menu and shopping list is abcrunch.com

don't weigh yourself every day, weigh yourself once a week. alternate your exercise that you are doing and change your programs every four weeks.

my goal is 120 lbs. a lot of professionals are switching from BMI calculators to measuring your waist and hips and divided one into the other because that is providing a better predictor. there are people who have the healthy range for BMI that are still overweight.

make sure you have a positive support group and keep going.
  • JRedwine
    Options
    I also had a bad day yesterday, I was with some friends and we had pizza and cookies and so on, so I know I went over my goal. But I will just start over today and i'am going to the gym.