mission: accomplished (...almost)

Options
jensauce
jensauce Posts: 150 Member
hey everyone...I used to be a dedicated myfitnesspal-er a couple of years ago, but sadly, it fell to the wayside as the years went on. I decided to check in and see how the site is going now!

over the last year, I managed to lose about 35 pounds! I'm so happy and proud of myself...I honestly never thought I would be posting on the "success stories" message board. I used to obsessively monitor this message board (it gave me hope seeing some people's HUGE transformations) back in the day. unfortunately, I never had the confidence to take a revealing bikini or fitness outfit photo when I was overweight, so I don't have official "before" and "after" photos.

I do have photos of me at my worst VS. current photos, which I will post, as soon as I figure out if MFP still requires you to use HTML to post photos.

a bit about me - I'm 29, 5'0" and currently 105 lbs...when I was at my heaviest, I was about 145 lbs (which doesn't sound overweight, but when you're five feet tall, it's DEFINITELY overweight!). I have reached my weight goal, but I still need to work on building strength and toning my abdomen. I'm hoping to see more definition in the next several months.

the benefits of losing weight have been amazing:

-I have confidence that I didn't know was lacking so badly. I used to have tons of self-conscious moments before I lost weight; a good portion of my inner monologue was spent worrying about other peoples' impression of me. Now that I've lost the weight, I realized that worries about what other peoples' opinions of me are hardly ever cross my mind anymore.

-I make better choices in my day-to-day life (not just health-wise)

-I have way more energy and I don't get easily winded by performing menial tasks (like going up the stairs)

-I can wear whatever I want, and don't have to worry whether or not the clothes will fit

-I get to say that I weigh the same amount that I did in high school :wink:

-A surprising benefit that I didn't expect was that friends and family consult me on fitness and health-related issues.

-So many more... (I don't want to make this post go on forever!)

Anyways, thanks for letting me share...pics to come later!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week! Stay focused & you'll get there!

XO,
Jenna

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :-)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! It is nice having more energy and feeling good about clothes :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting.. it is encouraging when someone achieves who was in doubt like many of us can be on certain days. I think being able to shop and look good in most anything has to be so liberating. Enjoy your transformation.
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, cant wait to see your pics, i am 4ft 11 and currently 142, i started at 145 and pretty much have the exact same aim as you :P I lost 16lb at the begining of the year but was so focused on the 'diet' part everytime i broke it i would binge thinking i would start again soon and ended up putting it all again and some. Hoping to look at it more to do with health and lifestyle this time. Will be adding you for motivation!
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the responses! i'm still looking for pictures that show the transformation well, but i don't appear to have many. these should give you a general idea (although it's kind of hard to see how chubby i was with that dress on...which wasn't an accident at the time lol).

this is me two years ago:
    68kvb3wotmoy.jpg

and this is me a couple of weeks ago, i was probably about 110 lbs in this photo:
    00we71d5bgc3.jpg

this weekend I will work on getting some full-body photos :)

hope everyone is having a great day. feel free to post responses; i'm procrastinating at work today, so I would love to chat with you all. <3
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!