StrongLifts 5x5 ladies?

Options
Just thought I'd throw out a post to connect with any ladies out there doing StrongLifts 5x5. I've been doing it for about five months and feeling great about my strength training but am getting to a point of just not being comfortable piling on more weight. Anyone else feeling like they're on a plateau?

Squats: 160
Bench: 90
Row: 100
OH Press: 75
Deadlift: 150

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I think that's when u deload. change it up for a coupla weeks and hen go back to deloaded weight and go from there
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    ValGogo wrote: »
    I think that's when u deload. change it up for a coupla weeks and hen go back to deloaded weight and go from there

This is what I did a few weeks ago and it really does help.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Here's an article about progressive overload. Basically, it says there are a number of ways to progress aside from adding weight to each workout. So don't get discouraged if you don't feel comfortable adding more weight.

http://bretcontreras.com/progressive-overload/
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Mehdi addresses this on the Stronglifts site: Dropping to 3x5 and then on to madcow...
    http://stronglifts.com/what-to-do-after-12-weeks-of-stronglifts-5x5/
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Are you overhead pressing 75lbs for 5x5? Nice.

Yeah, you can drop to 3x5/deload.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    There is a Strong Lifts 5 x 5 for Women group on here.
  • youcan915
    youcan915 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! Thank you for sharing. I've got some reading to do.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I would do a session of low weight high reps to failure like 50 reps supersets. . Get a real good burn and pump. Some muscle confusion.also if your rowing 100 u can bench more then 90.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Time to switch-up program. I don't know your body weight, but if you are squatting 160 for 5x5 and OHPing 75 for 5x5, you should consider a more advanced program.
  • ellenoel87
    ellenoel87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm looking for a community with other women doing stonglifts 5x5 to help keep me accountable and encouraged - any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thank you :):):)
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    There is a group on mfp for women doing SL 5x5.... Come and join us...just look in the list of groups to find us!
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    youcan915 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd throw out a post to connect with any ladies out there doing StrongLifts 5x5. I've been doing it for about five months and feeling great about my strength training but am getting to a point of just not being comfortable piling on more weight. Anyone else feeling like they're on a plateau?

Squats: 160
    Bench: 90
    Row: 100
    OH Press: 75
    Deadlift: 150

Awesome!

I've been doing strength on the machines for 6 months and just changed over to SL last week. What a difference -- half the weight is a harder work out because of the whole balancing thing. So glad I learned about SL here.