What did you add?

2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I added back in milk, cheese, and bread. I ate them very very modestly when I was at a deficit. I started eating them in small quantities when I went to maintenance.

I had never dropped ice cream or chocolate - you need to set your priorities! But I continue to eat them in small quantities. I added the cashews back in on top.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,474 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't want to add a bunch of sweet stuff. I have been eating something sweet pretty much every day while losing weight ... a small quantity, because I didn't want to give it up entirely! But as I go into maintenance, I do not want to return to the situation I was in where I was cleaning up large blocks of chocolate after work, and sharing 6-serving desserts between my husband and me in an evening. I want to continue to eat a fairly healthy diet. After all, one of the reasons I lost weight was because some of my blood work was coming back with borderline issues.

My husband eats crackers and cheese after work ... I'm thinking I'll do that too maybe 1 day/week. I have missed cheese.

Cashews, I mentioned.

Another one might be mangos ... love them, but they are 200 calories. And when they are out of season in a couple months, maybe other fruit ... and extra piece or two of fruit each day. I eat fruit now, but only 2-3 pieces a day.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Bread! I was so excited to eat bread again. I had lost 30lbs in 3 months last Spring, and had limited carbs and sugar all that time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,474 Member
    Oh, and there's a yogurt I really like (which I had put out of my mind because it was too many calories to fit into my weightloss plan) ... I saw it on the shelf at the market today, and was reminded that I could probably start eating it again on occasion. :)