Thanksgiving workout: yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Would you workout on the day of thanksgiving?

Notwithstanding that Thanksgiving is meaningless to me, I wouldn't see an issue.

Hel I'm planning on participating in a 5K on Xmyth day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I have wanted, for a few years, to do a turkey trot but haven't had childcare during the race. Next year we may have to make it a mother/daughter thing.

My wife and I usually do the 5K and usually her parents are here or we are in Tuscon visiting them so they usually watch the boys when we run...then we do a 1 mile fun run with them afterwards. It's a lot of fun.
  • Michelle9912
    Michelle9912 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doing a Turkey Trot with my Sis!
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a nice, fasted weight lifting session right before... then stuffing myself after. :)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'll be lifting in the morning and possibly a walk if there is time before I hit the kitchen.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    It's become a personal tradition to go for a run the morning of Thanksgiving, so yes, I will be working out on Thanksgiving. Can't break the streak!
  • ashlieross430
    ashlieross430 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will be working out in the am since I work out at home
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I plan to. There are three facilities doing charity workouts, boot camp style, indoor/outdoor and 24 is having a 90 minute cycle class so I will doing something.
  • zagbee
    zagbee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My husband and I work out from home every morning soon after our kids wake us up so I think we will just do our usual routine for the day!
  • SteveMayer831
    SteveMayer831 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm another who's going to run a 5K early Thanksgiving morning.
    My gym isn't manned, but it's open to those with key cards.

Steve
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Today was my rest day so "yes" for Thanksgiving.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Turkey trot for me. Won't be a stellar race, since I haven't really trained for it, but it will be fun.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Yes...hubby, the dog, and I will be taking an approx. 5 mile hike around this local hidden lake (only accessible by hiking, on state forest land) in the morning before we go to our friends' home for dinner at 1pm. Our oldest daughter may come with us.

Next summer I hope to take a new picture of me and the baby (Trixie, always my baby...) :) I weigh a lot less than I do in this pic, and next time I hope to weigh a lot more lot less. :smiley:

10584016_10152645327111226_6382243781806652834_n.jpg?oh=58272da0e0141cdced575b8cfa49a783&oe=56EBDACD

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    yes, it is upper hypertrophy day for me..so I will work out in morning and then go home and eat and drink myself to oblivion....
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I used to when I had my home gym, but since moving and joining a gym, I can't since it'll be closed. I'll run instead, probably.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Probably not, unless I walk some dogs. I'll workout heavy tuesday and wednesday and use thursday as a rest day.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No turkey trots in my area, but I plan on getting out early and doing my own 5-miler. Gotta make room for all the pies later!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes, the box in having a special Thanksgiving morning workout, so I'll go do that.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    There is no such day as thanksgiving here so, sure, why not :-)
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a long run in the morning and then will destroy a buffet.