Need accountability!

Options
Hi! I've used MFP on and off, but need to get serious about it. I considered joining Weight Watchers...so many people have had success and I think a big part of that is being accountable to someone every week for weigh in. I don't want to spend the $!!! I'd love to have some friends on here to check in with weekly, daily....whatever it takes!

Replies

• jblilbear
    jblilbear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Weight Watchers is a good program and I've made Lifetime goal with them, but life still got in my way and i gained weight back. What I love about MFP is the reality of calories and nutrients. I used to prefer WW because for m, points are so easy. But when I tracked in WW and MFP, i learned a lot more about my eating habits in MFP. Also, MFP is easier to convince your friends to join with you because you can use the free version, unlike WW, you pay money.

If you're just starting out, learn what real portion sizes are. Actually measure your pasta, weigh your meat, etc. And increase your water intake. Tip: unsweetened decaf tea counts toward water intake.

Each week, add a new challenge. Week 1, portions and water. Week 2 Ciunt your calories more accurately etc. And rewarding yourself with something other than food for reaching your goals will help you stay motivated. :smile:
  • cookielady2007
    cookielady2007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!