Lower back pain

Options
I recieved steroid injections in my spine today I want to know what exercise i can do to help my back without hurting it!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I think that us something to discuss with your Doc or PT, not people who know nothing about your spine. Sorry

Cheers, h.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I've had those (in my neck vertebrae). I think floating in a large jacuzzi is on order ;)

It really is too hard to say, because it depends on what your restrictions were before at the minimum. I'd just call the doc and ask about restrictions.

If you are allowed to walk, that was the easiest on me to get a little blood flow (but lower back is much more connected to the muscles and nerves involved in walking). The pool is very gentle and soothing if you are allowed that. I don't mean actual swimming necessarily; I just liked to move around, kick around while holding the side, etc.

I hope the shots help, in any case! I had one that really, really made a big difference for a long while (mine's a chronic issue) :)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Walk in a pool. It reduces the stress on the back and the resistance can help strengthen your core. My wife has had steroid infections in her back. Her physician recommends walking in the pool to most of his patients.