Clenbuterol

Options
(I asked this on another forum but was only downvoted and no one answered my question so perhaps someone here knows the answer)

I am seeing a guy and tonight using his bathroom I noticed a pharmacy bag on the counter that was torn open. Curiousity (rightly or wrongly) got the best of me and I peaked inside. There was a small blue bottle labeled clenbuterol and on it it said "for research purposes only." There were also some packaged needles, alcohol swabs. I was not familiar with the drug name but it is similar to albuterol like in an asthma inhaler and I assumed they are the same class which Google confirmed.

Said person is in the military and I have known them for some time so I thought it was odd they'd need clinical research asthma medications and that you'd be taking them via injection. But person is also in the military and sometimes they are given research drugs so who knows. I left shortly afterwards and looked a bit more and found it is also used in body building to cut fat which I am certain is what it's being used for. He is quite muscular at about 6'0" and probably 200-210 lbs (maybe not big around these parts but he's pretty muscular as confirmed by nudie visual check).

It is not my business to bring up with him what he does to his body-I do not have that type of relationship with him nor do I particularly care. To be honest I thought perhaps the Rx was for acyclovir or some other std drug as he is quite attractive and I am sure he has been around (I mean that's why I'm around...), which brings me to my actual concern: I am unfamiliar completely with this type of culture. It appears they are all individually packaged needles and he had quite the stack of alcohol swabs so it appears his injecting technique is at least aseptic. Is needle sharing a thing among body builders? He obviously is capable of getting the drug itself is it similarly easy to get the needles? It was all in a pharmacy bag like I said but there were no prescription labels so I'm certain they just store it in pharmacy bags? I did not look too deep into it so I'm not sure what type of needles they were (tuberculin, insulin, or intramuscular).

I've used protection with him but we did have a condom break once which we replaced when noticed or I probably wouldn't be concerned at all. I'm not worried enough to confront him about it, but I am curious I suppose.

Replies

• gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I took it for a while back in the beginning of the weight loss journey and almost killed myself with a misdose. I've never heard of anyone injecting it - you mix a drop or two with water and drink it. But you do have to measure it with drops and a syringe makes sense for that.

It has a half-life of like 30 hours so if you screw up you're in the long haul. It's technically a banned performance enhancer but I never felt like it would have helped it just makes you hot and increases blood pressure. Of course now I would say it's very very stupid but nothing on the same league as ECA stacks or actual anabolic steroids. Closer to Ephedra which was in a ton of weight loss supplements until it was banned.

That said, if he's got Clen, he might have other stuff.

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    gdyment wrote: »
    I took it for a while back in the beginning of the weight loss journey and almost killed myself with a misdose. I've never heard of anyone injecting it - you mix a drop or two with water and drink it. But you do have to measure it with drops and a syringe makes sense for that.

It has a half-life of like 30 hours so if you screw up you're in the long haul. It's technically a banned performance enhancer but I never felt like it would have helped it just makes you hot and increases blood pressure. Of course now I would say it's very very stupid but nothing on the same league as ECA stacks or actual anabolic steroids. Closer to Ephedra which was in a ton of weight loss supplements until it was banned.

That said, if he's got Clen, he might have other stuff.

I'm almost certain they were syringes w/ needles because they looked like the ones at work + alcohol swabs, but you could be right. Plus there was probably 10 or so of them. I would think an oral syringe you could just wash and reuse (that's why I thought injection). I didn't look too close or go through everything else there probably was more too it.

That said there are some pretty scary side cardiac side effects especially long term that's for sure from what I could tell. I do feel better knowing it's mostly orally dosed though, thanks for your input I appreciate it!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Even if he's injecting some sort of AAS I doubt he'd be sharing needles. Especially if he's got a whole stack of the needles that you saw. Steroids aren't cheap from what I understand, needing to share needles would be extremely unlikely.

As mentioned, if he's got needles it's not for the Clen. Probably on some other PEDs I'm guessing.

But yeah, Clen is a pretty common fat burner (also helps retain muscle during a cut), almost everyone I've known to be into bodybuilding (even peripherally) used it. It can be easily obtained as a "research chemical" as you found.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Even if he's injecting some sort of AAS I doubt he'd be sharing needles. Especially if he's got a whole stack of the needles that you saw. Steroids aren't cheap from what I understand, needing to share needles would be extremely unlikely.

As mentioned, if he's got needles it's not for the Clen. Probably on some other PEDs I'm guessing.

But yeah, Clen is a pretty common fat burner (also helps retain muscle during a cut), almost everyone I've known to be into bodybuilding (even peripherally) used it. It can be easily obtained as a "research chemical" as you found.

That does make me feel better, like I said I wasn't super worried. But anytime I see illegal substances and needles my mind does jump to the worst. He's definitely into it though, more than just a hobby. tons of books and easily >$2000 worth of supplements and powders visible in the kitchen lol. Just not a culture I am familiar with!

Thanks for the info!