The "No Diet Diet" (Fabulous Magazine)- Does it work?

Options
I started the 'No Diet Diet' just over a week ago and so far I've lost 2lb... But does it actually work?

Using the Red-Amber-Green meals that Fabulous Magazine suggests is great and knowing how many what snacks you CAN have per week is useful. Especially with their choices for meals when eating out and defined calorie control. It makes me feel less guilty about eating a chocolate bar at the weekend and I know my Fiancee won't complain about it being "healthy" food (mainly because he can't tell the difference).

I haven't upped my exercise routine apart from doing a couple more crunches per night and maybe having a dance whilst tidying now and then.

Does anyone have any tips on keeping to the diet?
Does anyone have any recipes or know of any meals that fit under the Red-Amber-Green labels?

And finally, has it worked for anyone on My Fittness Pal?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It is just a simple version of calorie counting. It keeps you at around 1400 calories a day.

As for meal ideas just google 700-800 calorie meals for your red meals and google 400 calorie meals for your amber and 200 for your green,
  • ogmilner
    ogmilner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been using google to help me along, but my partner's a fussy-ish eater... refuses salad, won't eat much in terms of potatoes and it's difficult to pack veggies into anything without him complaining that it's rabbit food.

He's more of a meat and rice/pasta guy and the only thing he can/will cook is a vat of spaghetti bolognaise and then complain that we don't have enough variety once he's had a variation of the bolognaise for 3 days in a row.

Last week I cooked EVERYTHING apart from when we went to his parent's house for a curry night... it ranged from homemade pizzas to burgers so everything seemed unhealthy, resulting in him eating a large portion of everything (he needs to bulk up and I need to slim down).

I just need some simple recipes for him to cook when I'm at university or working late and advice on whether this diet plan should work.