December challenge

Options
Hey y'all. I want to know what you guys are doing to change your life. What is your December challenge?

Replies

• idreamofmorocco
    idreamofmorocco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My December challenge is to run every day.
    Just working through the Couch to 5k programme at the moment.
    What's your challenge?
  • egemens
    egemens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody..
    Mine is taking 10k step everyday until i lose enough weight.
    By the way I had worked on 5k program too and it was great. I want to do it again when i got my ideal weight.
    Any more challenges?
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started MFP, 2 years ago. I walked on a treadmill, lifted light weights, logged food intake, and yet I lost and gained the same 5 pounds three times. I'm now age 65, working closer with medical doctor, walking consistently, eliminating salad dressings, white bread, pasta, white rice, all sweets, all potato chips snacks, and less cheese. I am walking on a treadmill and walking outdoors.
    When you are female, older, it's like one foot on a banana peel, and one foot out the door..... You HAVE to lose this weight and yet there are factors like blood pressure medicine makes one sluggish.... and gain weight.... and statins cause some muscle pain..... and people around you cause stress and dorito intake........ so.. if you are young...... Stay with the program... and develop a lifestyle... that is healthy... balanced.... and Lifelong.... not just for the weight loss, but for a healthy weight, food intake, and exercise....and tell loved ones... you love them..... and if they love you.... they will support you in your health plan. Thanks..
  • 4MyHealthyFuture
    4MyHealthyFuture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mine is to track my food each day. Exercise is easy for me...food not so much
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My December challenge is eating healthy when not at home. I have to spend a week in Ottawa in early December, and the latter part of the month will be filled with holiday parties, pot lucks and similar pitfalls. I've only just started, but I'm really excited about the progress I've made in the last couple of weeks, and I don't want business trips and social events to throw a wrench into it.

As the business trip is unavoidable, and the holidays are going to be filled with tempting treats, I need to challenge myself to eat better when I'm not the one cooking. That's harder for me, but where there's a will there's a way. To start, I found a hotel near my meeting that has a kitchenette so I can keep fruit, yoghurt etc in the mini-fridge, and have a healthy breakfast of oatmeal or high fibre cereal in my room, rather than hitting the Belgian waffle buffet first thing in the morning.
  • schwich13
    schwich13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is to start tracking every day and complete the day at least five days a week all month, even the last week. I find that i get distracted or downhearted and quit tracking often, but if I hang in there, I know this works for me. Here's to ending the year with a bang!!!!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My goal is to build up to doing 10,000 steps a day in dec(=
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get many more days over 10,000 steps in Dec.
  • YoYoWhit
    YoYoWhit Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    "People around me cause stress and Dorito intake." Ha ha. Yes!!!
    My goal for the month is to take my food at least 5 days a week. I'm good with exercising, but really need to hold myself accountable for what I eat.
  • xoveronica
    xoveronica Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mine would be completing 7k steps a day and working out 4 times a week for the whole month. By the end of the month I start lacking motivation as well.
  • Formerly348
    Formerly348 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After 20 months I am down 190# and have reached my goal weight. December 1st I am starting maintenance.
  • mw442
    mw442 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Continue what I have been doing for the last 78 days; take it one day at a time. Watch what I eat, exercise and log every day. Working so far.
  • nmomoct28
    nmomoct28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    10,000 steps at least five days/week.
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My #1 goal for December is 10,000 steps each and every day. I usually have 2 or 3 days a week at or above 10k steps so for me as a begjnner this is going to be challenging but I welcome the challenge!
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    To get through T25! It's the next level program for me!
  • momosabunny
    momosabunny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goal for December is to keep up with my calorie counting and hit my step goals every day and start a long streak. I don't want to get complacent and lazy as the cold sets in!
  • sinnybri
    sinnybri Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    The logging is like a compulsion to me I can't not log everything I eat. Food isn't a problem for me, I make healthy choices and stay under my calorie goal everyday but I can't cut below 1800 calories because I'm breastfeeding and it effects my supply so it's really important for me not to cut too low and the only way to be exact about my calorie intake is to log everything. No over eating, no under eating. My challenge is to up my exercise I walk 17,000 - 22,000 steps 4-5 days a week but at the weekend it's less than 5,000 most of the time. I need to make time to work out and go walking at the weekends. I'd like to join a fitness class too and stop making excuses not to.
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    FaithIt365
    November 30, 2015 7:22PM
    My #1 goal for December is 10,000 steps each and every day.

I exceeded my goal for day one logging 12,505 steps!
  • silentretz
    silentretz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goal is to track my food and make sure i stay under the calorie count.
  • stylelady1
    stylelady1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal is to track food 30 days out of the 31 in December. Also to run 3x a week and do weights 3x a week. And to be nice to myself and check in to fitness blogs and this site a lot, so I interact with a supportive community