Bad days

Options
How do you bounce back after a couple days in the red? I'm just starting out and trying to lose the baby weight. I get so discouraged when I see those red numbers, but I have a hard time saying no to good food with having family gatherings over the weekend and more to come this week for the holidays. I get so mad at myself and discouraged.

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You can have those higher calorie days but balance them with lower calorie days. You can plan ahead for days like that by eating a less for a day or two before a get together. You can also eat light for your other meals and be more active the day of the gathering.
    But also keep in mind that there's nothing you can do about the past. You enjoyed yourself. Let it go and move on. We all have days like that. It's life and it's not going to change. Once you accept that you'll stop being so angry with yourself. It's all about what we tell ourselves. How about instead of getting mad after you've eaten too much you tell yourself when you're having your meal, "I'm going to enjoy this meal and this time with my family. I'll try to eat a reasonable amount of what I want and tomorrow I'll be back on track." It's actually good for you to do that . Not everyone can be perfectly on track all the time for long periods of time.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself that you can gain more "baby fat" than you already have, or you can choose to lose it. You can still eat with friends, but control your portions on everything. Read some success stories on here, of people who were 100-200 pounds overweight and then spent years losing it. That really motivates me to not overeat and to stick with the program even when I just want to pig out on junk food.