How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday but I only record the weight if there is a loss, otherwise I just take note of what the scale says and move on.

This for me too.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Daily, record weekly and measure monthly.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I only record weekly.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when i wake up. Record it every day. But i only care about the overall progress week to week.

This is exactly how I am. I weigh every day and record it, but as long as I'm moving in the right direction (down, right now) I don't care as much about the numbers, per se.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just about once or twice per month. My focus this go around has been fitness and losing inches and this has worked better for me than relying on the number on the scale.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday but I only record the weight if there is a loss, otherwise I just take note of what the scale says and move on.

@meperry74....Ditto!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Daily :smile:
  • photobadger
    photobadger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Daily, but only pay attention to long term trends. As you can see below, I fluctuate a lot and would rather ignore the up and down on a daily basis than deal with the disappointment of a weekly result showing a gained 3lbs just because of one of the random fluctuations.

f5c0166a-4045-4b4c-826b-45c02e24edc7.jpg
  • teresabice
    teresabice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but I only report it on the app weekly. I have found that daily helps hold me accountable and keep me aware. If I go a couple weeks without weighing, I have a tendency to ignore what I'm eating.
  • beaulahbaby
    beaulahbaby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's really bad but I weigh myself every chance i get. Sometimes it'll be about 5 times a day, it just depends on how much time I'm spending at home.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale, I just use the one at my gym once a week. Last time I checked I had gained 6 lbs. I know it's muscle, but its still hard to watch the scale going in the wrong direction. I haven't been on said scale for 2 months now.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I usually step on the scale at work (where I weigh myself) every weekday when I am taking a walk to check on something or just get up from the desk but my weigh in is once a week on Monday morning. Every other weigh is just for my amusement I take no stock in the weight it is just a number but I will sometimes see if I am getting water weight from sodium intake but nothing scientific.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    I weigh daily out of curiosity (its fascinating!) and log once a week.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Everyday and my scale syncs via wireless to MFP so there is no hiding it. I fluctuate a ton...literally I will gain 3 lbs one day and then lose 5 the next (mostly hydration I am sure). But since MFP only shows and posts your losses and not the gains, most of my MFP friends comment that I lose too much and ask how I do it, etc. When really I am just going back and forth and usually end up in the same place.

BTW I read a stat once that people who weigh themselves daily have more success in weight loss. Not sure if that is true or why, but found it interesting. I am just OCD, and hence the daily weigh in
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • pikachuFL
    pikachuFL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and I see nothing wrong with that. It works for me!
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just because I find it interesting to see my daily changes. I started MFP on Wednesday May 8th, so I only record what I weigh on Wednesday mornings. I can keep track of my weekly weigh loss in MFP's graph easier with 1 week recordings. If I recorded daily it would go up and down +/-5 pounds every single day and I'm not interested in that, I only care about the long term and weekly losses.
  • lilyhel
    lilyhel Posts: 77
    Options
    Almost every day, but I only log my weight every 1 or 2 weeks
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself daily for a while, found I'd hit a plateau, got annoyed, binged, that started on a Thursday, weighed myself the following Monday and had lost a pound a half. That motivated me to get back on the MFP train and continue my weight loss. So from there I just started weighing myself every four days, and still do.

People say its best to weigh yourself once a week, but that'd drive me crazy, so I think four days is a good balance between a week and a day.
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    every Friday. At least if I slip up at the weekend I have 5 days to get it off :)