Fitness trackers

Options
Hi everyone, so in my last post I spoke about Slim In 6 which I find is great for my knees however I don't know how many calories I'm burning while doing the full 35 minute workout. What activity trackers would you guys recommend? I would like a tracker which would track my active calories and my steps.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    there are so many options we need more details or you can go to wareable or cnet and compare trackers to your needs and wants.
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! What kind of details do you need?
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use the Jawbone Up Move. It's a basic tracker but if you're wanting to know more of an exact burn, you'll need one with a heart rate monitor preferably one with the chest strap as it is more accurate than the ones built into the bracelet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Jawbone UP.
  • Goodthingslocal
    Goodthingslocal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love my Charge HR
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Love my Charge HR

I love MY charge HR. Can't beat a burn calculation that's actually based on your resting heart rate
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I find I burn more calories via my mom-exercise activities. My FitBit One seems to track most activities and exercise accurately (except cycling and swimming)
  • charisseb84
    charisseb84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really like my Polar Ft7. It has a chest strap which monitors your heart rate. It also automatically connects to most cardio equipment which is neat.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    There really are so many options. I have worked with Polar (I think it was an FT4), the limitation there is that it is more for steady state cardio. At the time, I was doing bootcamp classes with cardio mixed with pushups, situps, weight bearing runs, hill runs, etc, so it wasn't likely very accurate. I used a FitBit Flex (worn on the wrist, but it will pick up arm movements as steps, and won't pick up steps when you are carrying something because your arm isn't moving), it didn't really fir with my work environment. I used BodyMedia Fit for a while, and loved it, but it's no longer being produced (they were still supporting users, but my last band broke making it pretty much useless). I am currently using a FitBit Zip (clip on step counter, but you can manually log swimming, and any other activity that isn't step based).

These are the only ones I have used, but there are so many out there. Each one had strengths and weaknesses, so you need to consider how it will work for you based on your lifestyle.

I guess that doesn't really help answer your question, but perhaps helps you consider a few things while deciding.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That's a calisthenics style programme and no HRM is capable of correctly estimating calorie burns if you are not doing steady state cardio

You can get a step tracker to generally monitor your step based activity .. I like the basic clip on versions (non HRM) like the fitbit zip

But I'd just use a 50% of MFP exercise database calorie estimate for calisthenics and judge your loss over 6-8 weeks
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest having a look on the Fitbit website and reading up about each band to find which one will work best for you. I have the fitbit flex and I love it :)
  • Want2bSlimmer
    Want2bSlimmer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Charge for me!
  • LeeMay63
    LeeMay63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just received my Fitbit HR charge and I love it ! HSN had it on 5 monthly payments which really helps.