Stomach Bloating and Pain

Options
When I have started eating healthy before I got really bad stomach cramps and I noticed that two day into my diet I was having same problem. I have increased my eating of veggies and fruit and decreased my carb intake and I did notice yesturday I hadn't even came close to eating what I was allowed to. Would this be causing it?

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Try cutting out as much or ALL gluten possible and see if that helps.
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Not sure in your case, but I had that a few years ago and it turned out to be a milk allergy.
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    it could just be your body getting used to eating veggies. i assume you always eat bread and have dairy intake, but had no issues before you started eating more healthy. are your veggies cooked or raw? if raw, are you eating more raw (salads) now than you usually did before? it might be your body learning how to break down the new food and extra fiber you are taking in now. is it more bothersome after eating something in particular? i would start journaling when the pain/bloating happens...it might be something you eat now that wasn't part of your everyday before. i know bananas torture me something wicked. only way i can eat them is frozen in a smoothie...or eat a couple tums beforehand if i want one fresh. Good luck!
  • HurricaneLindsay
    HurricaneLindsay Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    May be that you are not used to all the fiber from the healthy food!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It could be your body adjusting to the additional fiber from the vegetables.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Spinach and kale does that to me. I had to cut both out, yay!
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Whether it's gluten or fiber or something else, you might go back to your original diet (though I'd advise moderation for quantity) and then make changes more gradually - if you "normally" would eat a cup of vegetables with a meal, increase to a cup and a half and decrease something "less healthy" by about an equivalent number of calories or a bit more if "normal" is not a small calorie deficit. Note which foods seem to cause you problems and avoid them for a time (challenge yourself again with that food sometime later when you're feeling really good as a test to see if you really have an issue with that food or if it was a "transitory" thing). Make just a few small changes each week.(Always a good idea to start by cutting out sweet drinks and other empty calories - that, in itself, should not cause any negative side effects unless it results in "caffeine withdrawal")