Paleo

Options
looking for some good Paleo recipes!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The Paleo sub group would probably be a good place to look for ideas and recipes.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    There are tons of good websites. Stupideasypaleo.com is one, and nomnompaleo.com is another.

Disclaimer: I'm not paleo, but will try a good paleo recipe as I don't happen to eat grains/legumes/dairy at every meal and am always interested in inspiration.

Any cookbook/website focusing on cooking meat or vegetables would likely be helpful too, and for most meat and vegetables I don't personally use recipes.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    You want to search for Primal Blueprint or Mark's Daily Apple for ideas.

You may want to look in to Moosewood Restaurant for vegetable/meal/soup ideas. They also have a few cookbooks. Simple recipes and easy to implement.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Also look on Pinterest.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    The Primal Blueprint isn't quite Paleo, it's even better!! :)
  • deaconfran11
    deaconfran11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Foodee.com is a good paleo recipe site. You can even refine it for Whole 30 compliant recipes only if you like.
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I like Mark's Daily Apple, Primal Blueprint, and Nom Nom Paleo (she's the "Martha Stewart" of the paleo world) for recpies.

Keep in mind . . . people can do some pretty crazy and complicated things when trying to "replace" things that are now "missing" from their diets. I think that defeats a lot of the K.I.S.S. nature of paleo eating and sabotages the transition. One really doesn't need "paleo" pancakes or "paleo" bread. I enjoy eating more now that I've accepted that these things are gone from my diet.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    There are tons of good websites. Stupideasypaleo.com is one, and nomnompaleo.com is another.

Disclaimer: I'm not paleo, but will try a good paleo recipe as I don't happen to eat grains/legumes/dairy at every meal and am always interested in inspiration.

Any cookbook/website focusing on cooking meat or vegetables would likely be helpful too, and for most meat and vegetables I don't personally use recipes.

Same here. I like paleOMG. She post lots of recipes but also has cookbooks.