starting over

Options
Billy323
Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
Novel time....

Back in January 2013 I decided that I was tired of being the fat guy and started the first real diet of my life. I just stopped working a job that saw me on the road for 250+ nights a year for four straight years. It took a toll on my body and spirit.

I used MFP to track calories and went from from 292-221 in 6 months. After hitting 221 I took a few months off the diet and jumped back up to 235 and then hit it hard again at got down to 208. Around that time I decided to get out of a failing marriage and was able to really focus on getting my chit together.

I found 215 to be a reasonable weight for me to maintain without hardcore dieting. After about 6 months of mourning my failed marriage I dipped my toe in the dating pond. I had not been unattached since 1997 so I knew I was in for a surprise. I had a shaky start but settled into a nice groove. (fitting story for these forums, the gal I lost my post marriage cherry to had lost a bunch of weight, like a minimum of 150 pounds)

6 months seems to be the magic number for me LOL. In 6 months on the market I had been out with over 50 ladies, found and lost the love of my life and really learned a ton about myself. This all led the universe to stick the next great one in front of me. The first healthy relationship post marriage did a number on me. Two weeks ago I jumped on the scale and what popped up was depressing. 272 pounds and looking and feeling like *kitten*.

So back on the diet I go. This morning I was 253.8 so things are going well enough so far. Its funny how there are very few carry overs from my first diet to this one. That diet saw me taking 7 measurements on my body in addition to weekly weigh ins. Back then I needed to see the inches fade on top of the numbers on the scale. Now I am just noticing how my wardrobe fits better.

I know this was a bit of a scatter brained post but I can guarantee that any updates I post will be equally as ridic so follow along if you will and I embark on another journey of self discovery.

Replies

• schwich13
    schwich13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It is hard to know where you've been down to, and see yourself inching up there again, isn't it? Good job getting back here and getting down to business again! You can do this and find your smaller you again!!!!
  • Billy323
    Options
    I made it through Thanksgiving no worse for the wear. I ended up fasting all day and only ate during the actual meal instead of grazing a few hour before. The main benefit of having my old log is being able to compare weights on a week to week basis. I was a month into my original diet before I got to my most recent starting point. If I line up the weights between both logs I have lost weight at a 2:1 ratio which is very encouraging.

CEVVEErl.jpg

My official weigh in is Monday morning and I will maintain this trend as I had a hiccup on my original diet that week.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    all the best to you, glad you are able to get back on track.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Today was my official weigh in and dipped into the 240's. Its a sad state of affair that I am happy to be in the 240's but its better than the 270s I was in at the beginning of the month.

Definitely making far more progress than I did the first go round.

tdoh5uph.jpg
  • findingmyway2fit
    findingmyway2fit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting back on track! Sounds like you have a good game plan :)
  • Billy323
    Options
    Thanks! ^^

The main thing that got me motivated to start dieting again was how my clothes fit. So here are my goal jeans. I was able to button them at 215 but they were in no way fitting correctly. I am thinking if I can get down around 190 they should fit so thats my current long term goal with a goal date of my birthday in late March.

5KLEHCgl.jpg
  • Billy323
    Options
    Had an off week that I will attribute to my body catching up to the extreme lack of calories. Still down 3 for the week and 25.6 since 11/9. Shooting for a huge loss this week. May have to do some cardio LOL.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Fitting update for my 100th post.

Today is one month since I restarted my diet. I told myself that I needed a killer week and I am definitely on track so far. Down 3.4 since Monday and exactly 29 pounds since I started one month ago. The first time I dieted I lost 60 in 6 months. I am definitely on track to kill that and hopefully get down below where I was before.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This was a GREAT post. You are great writer. I cant wait for the updates and best of luck to you with your weight loss and personal life :)
  • Billy323
    Options
    Last push before my official weigh in tomorrow. Down exactly 6 and shooting for 7.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Had to work on it a little but got down to my goal of 7 for the week. That puts me down 32.6 since I restarted 11/9.
    Next weeks goal is -4. BRB celebrating with chips and salsa.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Decided to add a Goals column to my spreadsheet so I can track successes and failure. I have looked back at my old log and some other places I have posted and the more info the better.

RElYolrl.jpg
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back at it. Great losses so far. Be careful you don't lose too fast though, don't want to mess up your health. Great original post BTW.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words! As far as losing too fast goes, I really feel like I know how my body reacts to different things and if I get carried away with under eating I stop losing weight.

Since my big loss last week I have been taking it easy and was up 3 from Monday this morning. No biggie but I still did some fasted cardio by way of the treadmill this morning. Still shooting for a 4 pound loss for the week.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Fuark guys. Yesterday I was down 2 before I went to the gym and went nuts on the treadmill. I ate well after the gym but somehow woke up with no loss for the week. I am guessing the loss will show up this week however I am going out of town for the holiday and no good will come of that. I feel like I am in flux here and am unable to come up with a goal.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Totally went off the rails during the holidays and then came down with a bit of a chest cold. Skipping my official weigh in and will get back to the diet once I get better.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Was talking to a friend of mine and he was mentioning that he is the heaviest he has ever been so we decided to have a weight loss challenge. As helpful as MFP is there is nothing like having someone near by to hold you accountable. Just got over my chest cold so I will be restarting tomorrow.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Official weigh in is tomorrow. I got a bit drunk last night and ended up at the pizza place and ate all the things. Still feeling pretty good about what I will end up at after the holiday gains.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Still stagnant. Gonna take a break from the scale this week and just keep my diet on point.