How long does it take to notice you are actually losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I lose weight very slowly so I can never see the diffrence with the naked eye, I use old clothes to determine how much Ive lost and take a few full body photos once a month :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It took about 30 pounds for me.
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else is like this, but after exercising for a week I FEEL like I lost 10lbs but the scale says differently. There is no change in clothes either.

It's a good feeling to feel lighter and stronger
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    HrULXSX.png
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For a long time the only time I noticed a change was when I'd put on my old clothes, or when my current clothes didn't fit well anymore. It's a bizarre thing to still feel and look like your same old shape, but you know your clothes are way too big now. That was because my shape itself didn't change much. I've been losing pretty evenly. That was disappointing at the time, I wanted some kind of hallelujah moment, but what actually happened was me telling myself "eh, it's probably just stretched out and needs to be washed or something". I was honestly afraid to admit there was a noticeable difference until it was so obvious that I couldn't be mistaken.

Coworkers started commenting that I looked thinner maybe about 2 months into it. I wore scrubs to work, so i'm surprised they even noticed under those shapeless things.

I finally would start to notice little differences myself maybe 4 months in. Stuff like "huh, I actually like that picture of me". I still struggle to see it occasionally, so before/after photos are great and I wish i'd taken more.

Now 6 months in I notice a difference every day. Putting my hands on my hips feels different because there isn't padding there anymore. It feels different when someone hugs me. Laying on my stomach hurts my ribs, and sitting hurts my butt. Odd little things like that. My shape finally IS different now, it just took a long time to happen. I see myself every day, so seeing changes isn't my forte.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'm super short so 3-5lbs is pretty much where I start getting comments.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!