Preemptive Calories for your Thanksgiving Excesses

Options
Bry_Fitness70
Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
edited November 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Who is going to exercise on Thanksgiving, and what are you doing?

I think I'm going to lift tomorrow, my gym is open from 7am - noon, for Thanksgiving event Part 1, and then run 4-5 miles Friday morning in advance of Thanksgiving event Part 2.

(For those that take the day off and don't worry about it, I respect that, but exercise is my religion and psycho-therapy, so I take advantage of the time off of work to burn some calories, in addition to pigging out!)

Replies

• rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I plan to go hiking before Thanksgiving dinner and perhaps wrap up the day powerwalking around the neighborhood.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    There was a thread about this either yesterday or the day before. I don't eat to excess on Thanksgiving. I eat the same way I normally do, but I will definitely workout in the AM due to being sedentary the rest of the day (hour long drive back and forth to the in-laws house).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I traditionally do a Turkey Trot in the morning. My wife and I do a 5K and then we do a 1 mile fun run with the kiddos.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I'll have time for much as we're driving to see family and back home again so we'll have a lot of car time. But I am lifting today and Friday and don't overeat at Thanksgiving so all is good. Maybe I'll borrow my dad's bike and tool around his neighborhood a bit. As an introvert, I will need a break at some point. ☺
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing a 4 to 5 mile walk. Normally a run would be in order on a Thursday but I am recovering from back to back marathons still.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Don't know if I'll have time for much as we're driving to see family and back home again so we'll have a lot of car time. But I am lifting today and Friday and don't overeat at Thanksgiving so all is good. Maybe I'll borrow my dad's bike and tool around his neighborhood a bit. As an introvert, I will need a break at some point. ☺

Same here! I volunteer to go out and grab a bag of ice or some extra drinks or whatever at the convenience store at some point during the Thanksgiving festivities just to get out of the noise and chaos for a bit.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »

Same here! I volunteer to go out and grab a bag of ice or some extra drinks or whatever at the convenience store at some point during the Thanksgiving festivities just to get out of the noise and chaos for a bit.

I too try to be the gofer during parties. It's a great way to decompress. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My gym is having an "aerobathon" that I plan to attend.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to go for a nice 4 mile walk while hubby watches the kids in the morning.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm going to train squats earlier in the day -upper body / 20 rep squat - then eat - Eastcoast Jim