What's the white stuff at back of tongue?

Options
2»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Hopefully among them will be someone who has an idea....

I take 5 tablespoons of coconut oil daily in my first cup of coffee and have for 14 months. My white tongue turned pink and so far stays that way. Coconut oil is good to use where bacteria, fungi or viruses grow on or in one's body based my research and personal use. Kill what is growing on one's tongue is the only solution to a white tongue that I know. If it is yeast it is growing from sources in the body and coming out of the mouth as I understand.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I agree with seeing a doctor.
    Mine was caused by dehydration. Once I took care of that, the problem was gone.
    Smoking and lots of dairy..

I read that as 'Smoking dairy'.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I agree with seeing a doctor.
    Mine was caused by dehydration. Once I took care of that, the problem was gone.
    Smoking and lots of dairy..

I read that as 'Smoking dairy'.

Hmmmm Interesting :tongue:
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

I take 5 tablespoons of coconut oil daily in my first cup of coffee and have for 14 months. My white tongue turned pink and so far stays that way. Coconut oil is good to use where bacteria, fungi or viruses grow on or in one's body based my research and personal use. Kill what is growing on one's tongue is the only solution to a white tongue that I know. If it is yeast it is growing from sources in the body and coming out of the mouth as I understand.

Oh good. More Woo.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

5 Tablespoons!?!? Gag! unless the coffee stayed scolding hot that would be some oily mess not to mention that is an awful lot of calories just for a drink.
  • Mallybear2020
    Mallybear2020 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's probably white bacterial on your tongue. Its bacteria that builds up from food and not brushing your tongue properly. It causes bad breath.
    Try using a good tongue scrapper, or make an appointment with your dentist and see if he or she may have an idea.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »

5 Tablespoons!?!? Gag! unless the coffee stayed scolding hot that would be some oily mess not to mention that is an awful lot of calories just for a drink.

@irenehb I take it you are not into Bullet Proof Coffee. They typically use butter instead of coconut oil. I hobbled together my way of eating before finding MFP to try and manage my pain without using Enbrel.

If I am short on time I just put the coconut oil in my mouth by spoon since it is a solid most often. If you are a diabetic the site below has coconut info that may be of interest to you.

thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2015/06/10-proven-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

• irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee usually only has 1-2 Tbs, but even that sounds awful to me. Rather eat an avocado or some nuts, each to their own.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I used to have the white stuff on my tongue, and scraping/brushing my tongue did bugger all to fix it.

It went away completely when I quit smoking.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I used to have the white stuff on my tongue, and scraping/brushing my tongue did bugger all to fix it.

It went away completely when I quit smoking.

ETA: Also, Ayurveda is ancient bollocks.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    Bulletproof coffee usually only has 1-2 Tbs, but even that sounds awful to me. Rather eat an avocado or some nuts, each to their own.

Coconut oil (MCT part) can be broken down into ketones and that was my initially. When I decided to make 80% of my calories from fats I left coconut oil in my diet.

I do not advise others to eat like I do as I do in my study of n=1 because my way of eating is a study. My test results that are coming in is showing improved health markers across the board. Time will tell.

@irenehb as a researcher I do not really have the luxury of an emotional state. Nothing can 'sound awful' in my case. Coconut oil has been a known food for thousands of years. I do eat some avocado and I eat pounds of nuts weekly. When eating 3000 calories daily and 80% of them from fats I have to eat a lot of fats. A quart of heavy whipping cream is 3200 calories and I drink a 2-3 quarts weekly. Mostly in my coffee but also straight from a glass. For an after meal dessert I prefer hot green tea and and about a running 32" of celery sticks because celery now tastes like sugar since I am off of sugars. :)
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Nobody cares Gale.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    2-3 quarts of heavy whipping cream a week? :o <faints>