fell off the bandwagon

knittyyas
knittyyas Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
its been so long i felt the need to reintroduce myself to this world and hope that i make it work this time.

so hi.. i'm Yasamine... i'm fat. really fat. and sadly.. i love food soo much especially fast food that sometimes i eat without realizing i've eaten.

i find myself addicted to food. the art of chewing. i'm trying to break this addiction now before i become extremely ill or need surgery. i just want to prove to myself that, for once, i'm strong enough to see this through.

so hi.

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    welcome welcome Yasamine! You are certainly in the right place! I have loads of confidence in you and that you will do great! :smile: Check in often to let us know how you are doing!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    HI yas, don't be so hard on yourself. I really hope you find the strength and confidence to conquer this weight loss battle! You already know this is a great place and I'm so glad you're back!
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Hey girl, you are making a lifestyle change - pat yourself on the back. Many people are too afraid to change or too lazy. You are doing something about it and that's wonderful. It's very difficult to change eating habits and exercise habits in this country - our bodies are wired to pack on pounds because biological evolution hasn't quite caught up with industrialization; there are numerous sugary, fatty foods that our taste buds love and brains think are good for us available virtually everywhere, all the time; often we are forced to work jobs that render us sedentary. It's tough.

I love food too. I love eating, the sensation of it. My first recommendation is that you try chewing slower - think about your food, savor the flavors, eat smaller bites so it lasts longer. It will be more satisfying. Eat whole foods, nutritious foods, foods with substance rather than empty calories. I'd rather have 100 calories of almonds or low-sodium peanut butter than 100 calories worth of, say, M&Ms because the nuts deliver good fats and protein and a bit of fiber as opposed to sugar, sugar, and sugar.

You can do it. We ALL fall off the bandwagon at times. All of us. We might not admit it... but we do. But it's okay. You just have to realize when and why it happens. Plus treats now and then are great, just not every day. Or rather, have a treat every day as long as it is in moderation and you've gotten your fill of other nutrients first.

Just ask yourself - who do I want to be, why am I not that person, and what can I be doing right now to change from who I am to the person I want to be, doing the things I wish to do? How bad do you want it?

:) you got this.
This discussion has been closed.