Healthy recipes

Options
I need help. I've trolled the internet up and down looking for healthy recipes. Haven't really found any good websites. Any recipes or go to websites?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you can be more specific about what you consider "healthy" . . . are you looking for low calorie, more vegetables, high fiber, low sodium, low fat, high protein, whole grains, raw, paleo, keto, or something else?
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just about everything I made tonight for thanksgiving is from Pinterest, I'd try there.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I like Fitness RX for women. They also have the nutritional breakdown. For more standard recipes, I like Real Simple.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people recommend skinnytaste.com
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Myfitness pal's blog has good recipes that include nutritional information.
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/eat/recipes/main-dishes/
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    if it's something specific just google search and add 'healthy' or 'low calorie' to the end and judge the recipes from there

www.skinnytaste.com is pretty good for ideas

I tend to just take favourite recipes and play around with them until I'm happy
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    if it's something specific just google search and add 'healthy' or 'low calorie' to the end and judge the recipes from there

www.skinnytaste.com is pretty good for ideas

I tend to just take favourite recipes and play around with them until I'm happy

I get some recipes from books eg '101 Low Fat Feasts', use old weight watchers recipes, download some from the web, eg 'BBC Good Food' or I use ordinary recipes I like and 'tweak' them to be lower calorie.

• Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If you can be more specific about what you consider "healthy" . . . are you looking for low calorie, more vegetables, high fiber, low sodium, low fat, high protein, whole grains, raw, paleo, keto, or something else?

More greens and low calorie. Good filling meals I'm trying to stay under 1400/ day.
  • Shull_rachael
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the websites! Does anyone have a go to recipe?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of things over beds of salad leaves for quantity

I like chicken cacciatore

skinless, bone in chicken thighs (800g-1kg with skin)- salt and pepper and dry fry in non-stick pan till brown
    put in casserole dish
    fry off in saucepan onion, 2 red peppers - try to get a little char on the peppers - add 2 cloves crushed garlic, sprinkle with thyme, add bay leaf - takes about 5 minutes
    add to casserole dish
    add 2 tins chopped tomatoes (about 800g)
    add 2 or 3 chopped courgettes (zucchini) and a heaped teaspoon of oregano
    stir it in
    Season to taste
    Cover and cook for an hour

serve over rice - 2 thighs plus 100g basmati (and over salad leaves if you want) is under 350 calories and very filling

microwaves well for work lunches

can add mushrooms instead of zucchini if you prefer - or other veg, I sometimes add butternut squash

build it in the recipe builder and edit as you will
  • Shull_rachael
    Options
    rabbitjb- that sounds yummy ! I'm going to have to try it!
  • Taftchef
    Taftchef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of vegetable salad yet I would like to try something else. Throughout my research finally I found healthy family meal ideas that won't tear down my budget. I am forever grateful for this site, http://www.Mealplans4thefamily.com/. Check it out. You would love it too.