New here....85 lbs to lose

Options
anonmomof3
anonmomof3 Posts: 23 Member
edited November 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Anyone with similar lbs to lose? I need motivation!

8 years ago, I weighed 135 lbs. After getting married and having 3 kids, I am up to 230 :( My goal is to get to 145. Anyone want to be friends to help motivate each other? I am trying to do trim healthy mama and I go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week.

Replies

• HakumeiRyu
    HakumeiRyu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Add me and I'll be your buddy. I got over a hundred pounds to lose. 136.5 actually
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm also married with 3 kids and I am working to lose 100+ lbs. I actually gained most of my weight the past five years and looking for a change. All are welcome to add.
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi it is hard when you look at a big number to lose
    I started myfittnesspal in January I had over 140 lbs to lose
    I have lost 107 lbs so far (7stone 9lbs )
    It's not easy make sure you log all food and drink
    Never look at the big total I set small goals ( 5lbs at a time so you can get to it fast so you feel you are hitting goals once a month )
    9j6q6hkmr2o2.jpeg
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi it is hard when you look at a big number to lose
    I started myfittnesspal in January I had over 140 lbs to lose
    I have lost 107 lbs so far (7stone 9lbs )
    It's not easy make sure you log all food and drink
    Never look at the big total I set small goals ( 5lbs at a time so you can get to it fast so you feel you are hitting goals once a month )

wow I get super motivated when i see success stories like this! great job @Smallerjojo2015
    so great to see that it can be done :)
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    anonmomof3, you can do it! Luckily, you didn't wait until you're almost 60 like me to decide that you need to lose those 85 lbs. I've lost 22 since March and have 85 to go. My smaller goal is to get to onederland.
  • NerdLifeStace
    NerdLifeStace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal! I was 240 pounds ,lost 100 pounds, then got pregnant. I also want to get down to 145 and have 15 pounds to go which is a huge struggle (and lack of motivation and butt kicking from others) so i keep falling off the wagon. Would love more friends to help me stay on track :)
  • lee658
    lee658 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Please add me for positive energy and encouragement. I love that your here and ready to work hard to obtain your target. Advise...don't get hung up at look at the weight scale for weeks at a time. Eat well exercise regularly, drink lots of water and feel better first and foremost, weight will come of and you will reach your goal if you stick to it. It won't be easy, you will have tough days, we all have. If you stick to your guns and rebound after a tough day you will be successful and you will change your life long term. Compliments will come and your self confidence will be reinforced. You can do it!
  • anonmomof3
    anonmomof3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. Hearing stories of people who have been able to lose the weight is so inspiring. I just need to take this one day at a time. I need to stick with it!!
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    anonmomof3 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much. Hearing stories of people who have been able to lose the weight is so inspiring. I just need to take this one day at a time. I need to stick with it!!

absolutely, one day at a time. Make one small change if you need & build from there,
  • looneymom
    looneymom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can add me I have the same goal weight already lost 46 lbs...
  • brwnsuga810
    brwnsuga810 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    anonmomof3 wrote: »
    Anyone with similar lbs to lose? I need motivation!

8 years ago, I weighed 135 lbs. After getting married and having 3 kids, I am up to 230 :( My goal is to get to 145. Anyone want to be friends to help motivate each other? I am trying to do trim healthy mama and I go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week.