Black Bean Wrap

tjadk23
tjadk23 Posts: 13
edited September 21 in Recipes
So I got this recipe off the Slim Fast website, and it is so yummy!!!
Ingredients:

1 15oz can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup Light Mayonaise
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
4 Burrito Sized Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 1/2 cups low fat cheddar cheese
2 cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce leaves
1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
1 Medium Avocado, sliced

In a medium microwave safe bowl, mash beans with fork. Stir in Mayonaise and garlic powder. Microwave HIGH for 1 minute, or until heated through. On tortillas, evenly spread bean mixture down centers, then layer on remaining ingredients. Roll up.

This recipe yields 4 servings. (It is great if you are trying to sneak something healthy into your family's diet. I fed it to my son and boyfriend, and they both loved it)

Replies

• sdinani
    sdinani Posts: 1
    that' sounds tasty and delicious, I'll have to try it!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Calorie? Fat? or a link to the page?
    It sounds great! I love me some black beans!
  • sounds yummy!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    YIKES – too high in cals!

I plugged it in with light Miracle Whip and its 705 calories 17.9 grams of fat and 22.4 grams of fibre each so that’s 11 WW points each. Pretty steep considering the plan is to eat two of them, might as well get a McDonalds morning burrito.

We hate cheese in my house and removing the cheese still makes it 9 points each.

My suggestion is to cut down on the ingredients, 1 can of beans is probably too much, use ½ can beans and ½ an avocado and no cheese and that’s 7 points (410cals/12.5fat/12.6fiber)

*It will vary a bit depending on the brand of tortilla used. This is calculating the Walmart Whole Wheat wrap, 140 cals.

Difinately a great idea in theory but portion size should be altered. Thank you for the suggestion, I never though about making a black-bean mayo spread before.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    I think the receipe is for 4 burritos so maybe that is why it was so high in cals.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I think the receipe is for 4 burritos so maybe that is why it was so high in cals.

Yes, the calories I quoted is for EACH serving. If you were to eat all 4 it would be 3000+ calories. Here is where I pluged everything in;

http://caloriecount.about.com/black-bean-wrap-7-ww-recipe-r402528
  • tjadk23
    tjadk23 Posts: 13
    Calorie? Fat? or a link to the page?
    It sounds great! I love me some black beans!

There are 470 calories per wrap. I entered it into the MFP database usning the nutritional info from the slim fast website, so you can see it there too. Also, I used the Soft taco size tortillas, and it was just as filling.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.