Cleaning out my fridge taught me something about myself.

Options
pocketmole
pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
I really love cheese.

cheese_sm.jpg

Replies

• RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh that looks yummy!!! I love cheese too!!!!
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I want that Gouda in my belly NOW.
  • eenixon
    eenixon Posts: 4
    Options
    Me too!! Lol
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm scared that when I go through my fridge it'll be the same... I think a lot of stuff has to go in the bin in case it ends up going into my mouth.

YES I mean cheese. Cheeses. A whole shelf of cheeses.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    wow that's a lot of cheese! lol
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wow. I think my stomach turned over here....but I'm lactose-intolerant, so that's on me.... LOL!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem, except my husband keeps putting back small amounts of cheese. Like small cubes or a tiny bit of shredded cheddar left in a bag. What the heck am I supposed to do with that? I showed him three bags of cheese yesterday which barely had enough for a grilled cheese sandwich between them. I think he got the hint. XD
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :drool: yum!
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am known as The Rat in my house.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I want that havarti IN MAH BELLEH.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like that once a year or so, when I can get to the fancy cheese shop in the next town over. Otherwise my cheese-love is easy to control, as the only grocery in town is WalMart and their selection does not exactly rouse a great passion in me.
  • 0ctobre
    0ctobre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I decided to embark on my weight loss journey, my number 1 fear was that I would have to say goodbye to cheese... I've been able to sneak little bits here and there thankfully but I do miss my wine/bread/cheese/pâté nights!!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    That would be enough cheese to last me a year!
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Just to clarify - I definitely wasn't throwing any of this cheese out. I know I mentioned that I was cleaning out my fridge but there is no way I'd waste all of that delicious. :D I've lost over 60lbs and it was all while eating wonderful, wonderful cheeeeese.

For lunch I had some of the smoked cheddar broiled on an open faced sandwich. Sigh. I love life.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh describe for me the taste of Haloumi cotswold and jamito queso
  • 0ctobre
    0ctobre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Now I really really want cheese!
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Ohhhh describe for me the taste of Haloumi cotswold and jamito queso

I actually just described haloumi to someone today - so here is a copy/paste of what I said!

I'm not sure how to explain it since I've never had another cheese quite like it. Also I think I've only tried one brand (the store near me only carries the one) and I'm not sure if the flavor and textures varies much. I would say that it's a salty cheese - quite firm, maybe just a tiny bit... rubbery if you eat it cold? Also it tends to be made from sheep or goat milk, so it has that slight bit of tang and pungency that you might notice when you eat feta - but it doesn't taste like feta cheese. It's best quality is the fact that you can cook it at a high heat and it won't melt. The result is a yummy browned exterior with a warm, slightly creamy interior. Eating it reminds me a little bit of eating the gooey golden cheese off of the top of a baked casserole. ]

Cotswold is an English cheese that is a lot like cheddar. It's semi hard and has a nice sharp, salty flavor but isn't near as strong as an aged, hard cheese. The thing that is really special about it is that there are green onions and chives blended into it. The flavor is amazing. It's one of my favorite cheeses for eating on crackers and I -always- order it on my cheese board when I go to the pub.

Jaimito queso is a Mexican white cheese that melts beautifully and tastes very milky. It's quite mild. I would probably compare it to a jack cheese, maybe even a bit like mozzarella but less stringy and stretchy.