How much jumping is there in Insanity 'recovery week'?

Options
I just started Insanity again, I never finished past the first month before, so never got to the recovery week stage and don't know what it's like.

At my current plan, I should be doing the recovery week exercises over Christmas, which is when I will be staying at my parent's house. Understandably, they get a bit annoyed when there's people jumping on the ceiling above (my room is on second floor). Just wondering, if the recovery week has a lot of jumping involved? Because plyometric and cardio resistance is so far a lot of jumping - especially those power jumps.

If so, I plan to just go running every day during this week when I am at my parents. They have a basement, but I have the opposite problem in that the ceiling is so short, I cannot jump without hitting my head. :s

Replies

• 22ep
    22ep Posts: 13 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Go on dumbellsanddiapers.com! It's a blog and she has all the discs reviewed in detail. I've done insanity, but not the recovery videos.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will have a look at that website! :)
  • TonnnnUK
    TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There is jumping involved. Not as much as in the workouts you specified, but jumping none the less.
    I;m in a predicament at the moment where I have just bought a house but looking like I will be having to move to my mums for a week while everything goes through. I should be starting month 2 next week. The week after is when I will be at my mums so it's not ideal timing. I think I am going to have to just wait a few weeks before I start month two and do alternative excerise in the meantime at my mums.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    TonnnnUK wrote: »
    There is jumping involved. Not as much as in the workouts you specified, but jumping none the less.
    I;m in a predicament at the moment where I have just bought a house but looking like I will be having to move to my mums for a week while everything goes through. I should be starting month 2 next week. The week after is when I will be at my mums so it's not ideal timing. I think I am going to have to just wait a few weeks before I start month two and do alternative excerise in the meantime at my mums.

Yeah, if it's jumping I think I will just take up running, so I don't completely lose my endurance.

I heard month 2 is very difficult, and that you should make sure to stay at same fitness endurance/level.. But I guess a week off won't hurt!