Holiday Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    I ate a hearty low-cal breakfast of 1 scrambled egg on whole wheat toast (tiny bit of butter) with coffee & milk.

I went for a 5.5 mile fast walk.

Lunch was a cup of white rice in 1 cup of chicken broth.

Dinner is the thanksgiving feast and I'm not sure exactly what will be there (very big family with lots of dishes) so I calculated the turkey (duh), some green bean casserole, a small slice of apple pie, and a strawberry oatmeal bar (I'm bringing them so yeah I want one), then added 400 extra calories as a buffer for other things I find to eat. Besides the things listed (which are the things I would be happy indulging in) I am going to try to eat any low-cal choices only.

When we get home I will eat an apple as an end of the day snack.

All logged in and I'm right on target for my calorie goal.

I am also happy to report that I stuck to this, pretty much. Definitely lacking in the holiday food choices, so no green bean casserole. Ate fewer calories than expected so instead of an apple for the end of the day I get a steak n shake frisco shooter and cottage cheese. ;)
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I went over my goal today, but by less than I thought. I was at a dinner with lots of wine drinkers so there were a lot of liquid calories. But, this won't happen tomorrow so I'm not at all worried.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I adjusted my deficit for a 1 pound loss instead of the usual 2 for this week. I decided to be okay with possibly going over that goal and hitting maintenance. Today I ate my normal breakfast and lunch, worked all day, and then went to a friend's home for a wonderful dinner. I fully intended on enjoying the meal and eating as much as I liked and was pleasantly surprised to discover that I was satisfied with a lot less than what I would have eaten a year ago. Even with a 1400 calories planned for dinner I came in at a deficit. Pretty pleased with myself right now.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing SS!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i ran a lower hypertrophy workout this am ..had a light breakfast and between alcohol, apps, thanksgiving dinner, and pies, I am at about 6000 calories and I am guessing that is on the low end as my logging is no way close to accurate...
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this :)

In the week leading up to christmas, I am going to eat as I have been - at a very slight deficit.

Christmas eve/Christmas day/Boxing day - I am not going to log. That doesn't mean I'm going to binge but I'm certainly going to allow myself luxuries I wouldn't normally and I don't plan to feel guilty for it either! It's a time for food, family, fun and celebration. After the christmas period is over (including my birthday on Jan 3rd) - I'm going to eat at a slight deficit again. No biggie! :)
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I set myself targets for my weight loss. Over Xmas/New Year my plan has a 5 pound weight gain. Hopefully it will be less but regardless Jan 2nd I am back to my current plan.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Didn't log on Thanksgiving and knew I was over- back to it today. Same thing will happen with family Christmas meal- one meal once a month is not going to derail me. On the other hand, the next three weeks at work will be hard as people will be bringing in holiday treats and it's hard not to snack on those- but if I do I will log with my best estimate. Going away this weekend too- which means eating out. Again will log with either best estimates or by looking up nutrition info online.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Thanksgiving is a celebration for me. I will skip breakfast but will feast the rest of the day and night.

If I put down 10,000 cals (impossible for me I think), that will be ok. I might gain 4 lbs of food weight but probably no more than 1lb of fat weight. 3 days after, I will be at the weight I started at. Enjoy I say, enjoy!

Happened just as stated. Gained 3 and have list it already.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    We moved the day after Thanksgiving and I was offline for a bit and couldn't log. I ate leftovers, and was sick the whole time we were getting settled in. I was also off my exercise schedule.

After tracking food for a year, I had a vague idea of what my intake was, though, and I stayed pretty close to maintenance.

I'm up .2 pounds, but I lifted yesterday. It's likely just water weight.

I ate all I wanted, including 2 slices of cheesecake some days. It all fit within my goals. My macros were off, but... meh. It was a holiday and a busy hectic time. Back to fueling workouts today. Ran again this morning. It felt good. Still recovering from the awful cold I came down with Thanksgiving Day, though.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I plan on not tracking, eating lots of veggies and protein with my meals, and whatever else I want, dessert will be eaten. I will however not be stupid about it. I'm not gonna eat something just because its there if I dont really care for it. I will not over eat on things I can have every other day of the year, only special items that we only eat during the holidays. I plan on going to the gym, hit the weights hard and then just be merry. I usually have no problem maintaining during the holidays as I really enjoy the healthier options at dinner. Not a fan of fatty foods anyway, only sweets, and I dont drink. Idk, I dont really stress too much about it