Decrease in Appetite

Options
Over the last few days my appetite has decreased significantly. My daily is set to 1600 calories and, I find I'm hovering around 1450 the last few days and that is with adding more snacks just so I don't have too big of a deficit.

My question is, how many calories under am I ok to go each day wth out risk of slowing down my process. Last night I could have easily ended the day satisfied with 300 calories less but I know it isn't good to go too far under so I had some Skinny Pop.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now and what's your weekly weight loss goal set to? How tall are you?

I'm set to lose one pound per week and have at least 35 pounds to lose, so if I didn't eat a few hundred calories it would be no big deal. However, if someone is creating a bigger calorie deficit by setting their goal to lose two pounds per week or doesn't have a lot to lose, those extra calories are more important.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Because of your current size i'd say it's perfectly fine to not hit that 1600 calories if you aren't feeling it. You should aim for a minimum of 1,200 but you don't have to force yourself to hit that 1600 calories mark.

You can safely lose 1% body weight per week, so do the math and make sure you're on the right track.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    An option for you might be to bank some unused calories during the week for an indulgence at the weekend? :)
    Sometimes I struggle to hit my daily goal - this week is a good example! - so I've added the 710 unused calories to my day tomorrow so I can eat cake or something heh!
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My appetite can fluctuate quite a bit...some days I just don't feel like eating much, sometimes for several days in a row. I just concentrate on getting a reasonable amount of healthy nutritious food, and don't worry about it, because I know I will have a few days here & there where I feel like a bottomless pit and will make up for it! You won't slow down your progress.