The three week diet

Options
Annnimal
Annnimal Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hi there!
I have been eating well for the past few weeks and have not lost a pound but have seen a bit of change in my body, I am trying to get a more toned body for an up coming Christmas party and am interested in the three week diet? has anyone have any opinions on this.. no rude comments please =)

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You can gain weight on healthy food and lose weight on "junk food." What matters is that you're eating fewer calories than you're burning. Do you know what your BMR/TDEE are in comparison to the amount of calories you're taking in? Are you weighing your solid food on a food scale and measuring your liquids? If not, you're likely eating more than you think.

There are more indicators of improvement than weight loss--you've got one of them! Inches lost! Weight loss is not a linear process, it ebbs and flows--sometimes more ebbing than flowing. :neutral: What matters in an overall downward trend over time. Remember it's a marathon, not a sprint. :smile:
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So you only want opinions in favor of the fad diet?

Either way, the max recommended rate of weight loss is 2 lb/wk with very few exceptions. If you're not in the obese range, it should probably be about 1 lb/wk. If your goals are not in line with a safe rate of weight loss, you should reconsider.

Also, many people see a rapid drop early in a diet due to water weight losses. In the first week or two you might see a drop of 5-10 lbs due to that effect, and then start trending along rate determined by your calorie deficit. It's a temporary effect since you'll gain the water weight back very easily after stopping the diet pattern.

If the three week diet fits in with your goals understanding those limitations, good luck.

ETA: All this is predicated on the assumption that the three week diet is just another dumb fad diet and not a VLCD. If it is a very low calorie diet (<1000/day) than you should not do it under any circumstances.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yeah... you're not going to healthily lose 22 pounds of ANYTHING (let alone fat) in 3 weeks. It's, pretty much a glorified starvation diet followed by a low-carb diet that induces nutritional ketosis (from what I'm reading on reviews -the website itself triggered my antivirus software).

Honestly, I really recommend that you use the money that you would have spent on this diet toward getting a food scale (if you don't have one) and making sure you accurately weigh and log everything you consume into MFP. "Eating well" doesn't necessarily mean that you are in a calorie deficit (I can eat 3,000 calories in avocado or 3,000 calories in Big Macs and gain weight with either).
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Let's go with their lowest goal, 12 lbs in 21 days. That's a 2000 calorie deficit a day.
    A tall, obese sedentary woman could probably accomplish that by not eating anything at all for 21 days. Or going for a 1000 calorie deficit and then burning 1000 calories with exercise. Which would take several hours a day.
    And I guarantee it is not all going to be fat, there will be some muscle there lost too. No one on that diet will gain muscle tone, as it says. One gets muscular by lifting heavy things at a calorie surplus.

Do not pay 50 dollars to get an instruction on how to starve yourself.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    what exactly is the "3 week diet"?
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you have only logged for one day. There is no way to make sure that your "eating well" was actually a deficit. Like it was previously mentioned, eating well alone does not guarantee the calorie deficit to lose weight.

Start weighing your food and logging accurately to make sure you are at a calorie deficit. No need to spend money, unless it is on a food scale!
  • Annnimal
    Options
    I have been eating the same amounts for weeks now just been too busy to log, but thanks everyone for the ideas, I will be saving my money on this and rather keep doing what ive been doing, a scale it is!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Logging only takes a few minutes a day.
  • Annnimal
    Options
    yeah I guess, ill be better now.. I could list I have 6 kids and mountains of housework to do.... lol No more excuses
    right!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Skip it. Be smart.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Three weeks aren't going to make a lot of difference. Be patient and do what you know is working :)