18 weeks in, 43.4lbs down. Loving the changes! (with pics)

Options

Replies

• pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Smoking! You look beautiful!
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow I was seriously not expecting so many responses lol. But thank you again to everyone. I've got a ways to go, but I'm soooooo looking forward to being fit.

Y'all will get there too. I believe in you! :)
  • karebearandken
    karebearandken Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! :happy:
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! I would never guess your weight. You look so tight and fit! What workouts have you been following?
    Are you lifting? You really look amazing!! You look like my ultimate goal already!!!

I am so impressed you have done that in 18 weeks!!!
  • 180sarah
    180sarah Posts: 10
    Options
    AMAZING! Inspiration! I have really been at this for about a month and lost 14 lbs so far. This is what I want to me. Thanks for the boost today!
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    You look great, keep up the good work.
    Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look phenomenal! can't wait to see your 6 month update!! congrats!!!
  • amydelissa
    amydelissa Posts: 26
    Options
    You look fabulous!! What an inspiration for me!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go...What all are you doing? Just exercise? or did you cut certain types of food or specific diet?
  • hbford
    hbford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING - please tell...... was this just food change or exercise as well :)
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    you are doing great...how tall are you
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce!!!! Keep up the good work
  • Diana7021
    Diana7021 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations!!!!! Your progress is so inspiring :)
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Since I am getting so many replies, I figured I could give a little more info about what I've been doing, and stuff like that. Also, I'm 5'8" since I've been asked several times.

First off, I am SO glad I am able to help out :) When I first started I was looking for success stories to keep me motivated. I couldn't do it without them, I was CONSTANTLY looking at them. so i just wanted to share my progress. I am beyond happy that I'm able to encourage so many of y'all.

It has been a mixture of diet AND exercise. So for starters,as far as workouts, I've tried lots of different stuff. But the thing I think is most important, is that you can't take other people's workouts and say "well it worked for them so it's gotta work for me too". I've realized that every body is different. When I first started, I was doing lots of cardio and barely any lifting. IThe last few weeks I've started spending more time doing "heavy lifting" and then finishing out with maybe 30 minutes or so of intense cardio (drenched in sweat, and my hear rate in my target goal the whole time) and then some ab exercises (which I credit to my lower tummy going away!) which include reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, and oblique twists with a kettlebell or some sort of heavy weight.

For diet, mine is different from most people's. I'm broke, and honestly cannot afford a lot of food, healthy or not. I don't usually hit my calorie goal ... Recently I've been trying to find calorie dense foods to help up my calorie intake because I do NOT want to be malnourished. (NO my body is not going into starvation mode. I am lowering my body fat and increasing lean muscle mass - per my doctor. I just had a checkup recently). I generally eat the same foods every day (because I am okay with that) and also because i have severe GERD which limits when, and what foods I can eat. I'll be having surgery soon to correct this and I'm sure my diet will be changing yet again. Right now tuna in water is a staple in my diet though, I'll say that. I've mainly learned that I can still eat the things I love, but just in moderation. I can have a slice of cheese pizza on occasion...but I don't need 3-4 slices with greasy toppings on it. Allow yourself to have what you want, IN MODERATION, or you'll fail. Gotta learn self control.

EX: I bought a pack of starbursts cause I've been craving them. One regular pack of starbursts... but I told myself, I can only have 2 per day. It's lasted me 6 days. Before, I would've eaten them all within 30 minutes I'm sure!

Also, as far as learning how YOUR body works... a lot of people say "don't weigh every day" ... In MY opinion, I DO weigh every day...because then I can see how certain changes to my diet or workout affect me day to day. I don't get discouraged if it goes up. (And yes, I DO log it when it goes up, cause it keeps me accountable.) My body seems to be different than the vast majority of people's though, as my body barely fluctuates weight. The most I've seen it fluctuate thus far as a 1.5lb gain after changing up my workout after a week long plateau. and it was still gone by the end of the week.

Basically, what i'm saying is that you need to figure out what works for you. might have to try a few things before you find what you like..but i DEFINITELY recommend taking measurements.. I didn't and I thoroughly regret it.

I'm sure you will make great progress!

:)
  • Atomic_Bettie_1981
    Atomic_Bettie_1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    awesome job keep it up..
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these pictures. I have a little overhang on my belly, like you did. It is so encouraging to see that it does tighten up on some people. Hopefully mine will do the same. :)
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look AMAZING! GREAT JOB! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    You are gorgeous :)
    Thank you for sharing it's hugely inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!