I need to be accountable, so I am here!

Options
I cannot believe it but I am almost back to where I started 2 years ago. I had to learn yet again that you cannot take your eyes of what you are putting in your pie hole or it ends up on your stomach, derriere, breasts and legs - where it cannot hide and you feel like a butterball and look terrible in clothes and unclothed :s. But I am determined to find what works for me ... that golden formula for eating and living that will get me to a healthy weight. I have not been able to tame my sugar demons and that is my greatest source of failure. I am determined to get back at it again and figure this out. I recently had a fasting diabetic test and thank God, I am not diabetic. I won't keep playing Russian roulette with my health ... I have to make this happen. I won't give up. I will track everything ... and I mean everything .... the good, the bad and the ugly! It's not the best time to change my eating because there are so many temptations now that "eating season" has begun, but I don't care, I am doing it. I have to get this under control! My goal is to lose 55 lbs to begin - I will see where it goes from there after I get to that goal. My aim is to lower my carbs and find the sweet spot for carb consumption that will allow me to lose weight. I seem to do best when I control my carbs. I have never posted on this app but I want to make myself accountable - this is the only way (black and white). Well, here a shrink again!

Replies

• Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well, welcome to the forums. I wish you the best of luck. Sometimes tracking "everything" makes it all too much work and you hit a burn-out point. I've done that more than once. So, track what you can, but don't obsess. I also have a sugar addiction issue. I've found that while that will always exist when I am out and about, I can limit a LOT of it by simply not having "trigger foods" in the house. When I want something sweet, I have to bake it from scratch, and when I do, I can and do substitute things like whole wheat flour for white flour, olive oil for butter, add flax or bran for additional fiber, etc, until it's "healthier". The olive oil for butter swap is BIG, since olive oil is a healthy fat. Adding fiber via ground flax seed or bran will make the portions fill you up more, so you will want less quantity. Another swap that's helped me a lot is quinoa in place of pasta and rice. Also spaghetti squash in place of pasta. Just these few swaps have huge potential if these are foods you eat often.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    When I started here on May 31st I logged everything. I was amazed at how many calories I consumed in a day. After a while of getting used to watching what I eat and watching my friends diaries I kept thinking no way could I ever cut back my calories that much. Well, SURPRISE I can do it (today don't count) since starting I have lost 41.5lbs. My beginning goal was 100lbs. So I am almost to the half way point. To look at myself 9months ago and compare it to me now there has been major changes physically and mentally. You can do this. Being accountable for what you put in your pie hole is a big thing. It will make you stronger and more aware of what food you're going to store in your axx, hips etc. friend me if you want. We can do this. A strong team equals success
  • JennBuckish
    JennBuckish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just when you think I thought I was mentally ready for a restart I was not! The holidays was too much for me and I caved! True restart with humility was in January. I did 2 weeks on my own to make sure I was ready to truly start and so far it has adhered in my brain. I am trying to be realistic and practical more than anything else now. I had to repost starting comments for January 2016 since I believe this is truly my restart. In November, I was actually in shock and disgusted because my clothes from the previous year was ill fitting - it made me believe I was ready to restart .. but I was truly not. I managed to gain even more weight between November and December. Now I am ready ... so I am going for it!