Weight Loss Question. Help?

Options
Hi, first off, happy Thanksgiving. :smile:

Today is my 20th day of being a active member of the My Fitness Pal community. I have lost 11.5 pounds quite easily in these last few weeks.

I messaged my friend, who knows of my exercises and my calorie limit, and she expressed her concerns of me being unhealthy. She claims that I may not be receiving the nutrients I need according to how I've been running things.

Can someone take a look at my diary and give me feedback? I am a 5 foot 3.5 inch female, with the weight of 201.0 pounds (As of last week). The calories I eat may not seem efficient for someone with my weight and height, but I honestly feel perfectly normal. Stronger, actually. Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Over the past seven days you have had only had two days where you were near your calorie goal of 1200 and the rest of your days you are only getting 500 to 600 calories.

At the minimum you should be netting 1200 calories per day. If you keep down this path most of your weight loss is going to be muscle, and you will start feeling fatigued, and if you keep eating an insanely low amount then you will suffer from metabolic adaptation.

Again, make sure that you at lest net 1200 calories a day.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well I took a quick look and yes your not eating enough. Lots of days were between 500-700 calories. The goal seems fine but the actual amount your eating is not. I reckon I only saw 2 days that were over 1000 calories and none over 1200 calories. Your not going to meet your nutrient targets eating that little. You may be losing quickly at the moment but its not a sustainable way to eat.