Surgery

Options
missdibs1
missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
I am having a minor surgery. The doctor's instructions state that I cannot lift weights or raise my blood pressure (aka HIITS) for 2-3 weeks.

Does anyone have advice on what I can do to maintain/not gain during this recovery?

I was told to walk not run.

Thanks.

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Focus on your diet.
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Walk, it's still exercise.
  • missdibs1
    Options
    Focus on your diet.

Agreed. I think I will take this opportunity to really learn to cook and eat right.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Focus on your diet.

Agreed. I think I will take this opportunity to really learn to cook and eat right.

I've had recent surgery and have not been able to work out since May. I have still lost weight. Just keep the dieting up and you will do fine. Believe it or not, our bodies do burn calories healing itself.
  • missdibs1
    Options
    Focus on your diet.

I've had recent surgery and have not been able to work out since May. I have still lost weight. Just keep the dieting up and you will do fine. Believe it or not, our bodies do burn calories healing itself.

Are you keeping to your TDEE-20 or doing 1200. I think with no strenuous exercise I should keep it to 1200?

Also, are you changing your macros to reflect inactivity? ( and thanks for answering, this is what I wanted: someone who is in my shoes, so to speak)
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Focus on your diet.

This....is a huge part of the battle and success. Just eat right and go back to exercising when your body is ready.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Most importantly, follow the doctors instructions. Making sure that you heal correctly should be your first priority. Do what you can to maintain your health for those weeks that you've been instructed to take it easy, such as walking, and make sure to give your body the time that it needs to heal. You'll do great!
  • missdibs1
    Options
    thanks everyone!!

I had a bone spur removed on my foot two years ago. I think I was walking the next day. ( I know). I do not know how I am going to take these walk only weeks.

Pace like a tiger I guess.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am having a minor surgery. The doctor's instructions state that I cannot lift weights or raise my blood pressure (aka HIITS) for 2-3 weeks.

Does anyone have advice on what I can do to maintain/not gain during this recovery?

Thanks.

Well then - walk. It's only 2-3 weeks - with a proper diet and some walking you should be fine.

I just had surgery last week - hoping when I go see the Dr. tomorrow she'll give me clearance to go back to my normal gym activities, but if not I'm just going to keep focusing on my diet and hitting the treadmill. Weight is down from last week so it's working for me.
  • missdibs1
    Options

Thanks.

Well then - walk. It's only 2-3 weeks - with a proper diet and some walking you should be fine.

I just had surgery last week - hoping when I go see the Dr. tomorrow she'll give me clearance to go back to my normal gym activities, but if not I'm just going to keep focusing on my diet and hitting the treadmill. Weight is down from last week so it's working for me.

I am glad to hear this!! Great job on the loss! I hope I can do the same.