21 Day No Junk-Food Challenge! Join me!!!

Options

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    Good luck, that many rules always led to failure for me. Now for some leftover pumpkin pie!
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    What happens after 21 days?

I don't think we will ever find out.......
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just thought I'd say, OP, the Haweyes are up 28-17 with 3:10 to go. Woot!! Good luck with your challenge.

ETA: Extra good luck on 12/5 for the Big 10 Championship. With no "junk" you'll have extra room for Maid Rites and Tenderloins. ;)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good luck - more Christmas cookies for me! :) I don't believe in being miserable during the holidays. Calorie deficit without am abundance of restrictions works for me!
  • taylorgouldie
    taylorgouldie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this for the last three months and miss none of it. After two weeks your taste buds change, I crave pineapple now :) thats my treat.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. Sounds like torture.
    I know, right? I went 3 days without chocolate.
    Worst 3 days ever.

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    This would really interfere with my 30 days of indulgences plan.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Not for me, but the best of luck to you. :)
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

I don't want to highjack, would you consider posting a thread @kkenseth? I am so hoping you're serious, sounds like a fun plan.

Best of luck OP, for me whether a food is junk or not depeneds on what I read on the food label. But if it rocks your boat :) do make a plan for day 22 though.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You may want to try the low carber daily group or even the paleo or eat clean groups. They tend to eat more this way so the idea may be better received there. For example, I'm a low carber myself, so I will be meeting that challenge this month, and have been for a while now too.

Good luck. I hope you feel better at the end of your challenge.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do this at any time of the year, but *especially* not during the holidays. Good luck.
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I copied your list and posted it on my Facebook page in hopes that some of my friends will join in!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    This would never fly for me, but I don't think it's such an outlandish thing to strive for as people are making it out to be. I've read about plenty of "clean" eaters who follow such a diet. Absolutely nothing packaged/processed. Minimal sugar/carbs that only come from select produce and grains. People do it.
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Can't see myself doing that. It is the holiday season. I plan on staying within my calorie limits but I don't like the idea of depriving myself. Good luck to those of you who try it!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    You may want to try the low carber daily group or even the paleo or eat clean groups. They tend to eat more this way so the idea may be better received there. For example, I'm a low carber myself, so I will be meeting that challenge this month, and have been for a while now too.

Good luck. I hope you feel better at the end of your challenge.

It all depends on what you define as "junk" I suppose. I think it's quite possible to eat lots of "junk" within the context of a keto diet. Common, in fact.
  • brandid34
    brandid34 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'll do no fast food
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I wouldn't do this at any time of the year, but *especially* not during the holidays. Good luck.

I'm not opposed to cutting things out from time to time, but the "junk" thing just seems awfully subjective. For example, when I cut out sweets I usually have a bit of cheese after dinner instead, but from a nutritional standpoint there's not a lot of difference. Same with various other things I might continue to eat (like sausage or bacon).

Anyway, it wouldn't work for me during the holidays either.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

I don't want to highjack, would you consider posting a thread @kkenseth? I am so hoping you're serious, sounds like a fun plan.

Best of luck OP, for me whether a food is junk or not depeneds on what I read on the food label. But if it rocks your boat :) do make a plan for day 22 though.

I agree. I would like to see this plan.

OP, best luck on your plan. I regularly consume ice cream and occasionally consume donuts and muffins. It hasn't been causing problems. That being said, if you are consuming the things on your list to the point where you are feeling gross, it is probably wise to cut back. As part of an overall balanced diet, these things are not bad for you though.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I'm not opposed to cutting things out from time to time, but the "junk" thing just seems awfully subjective. For example, when I cut out sweets I usually have a bit of cheese after dinner instead, but from a nutritional standpoint there's not a lot of difference. Same with various other things I might continue to eat (like sausage or bacon).

To me, a big list of arbitrary "NO!" foods inherently labels them suspect at best and bad at worst. I want to stay far away from that line of thinking.

And yes - I agree that "junk" is very subjective.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

To me, a big list of arbitrary "NO!" foods inherently labels them suspect at best and bad at worst. I want to stay far away from that line of thinking.

And yes - I agree that "junk" is very subjective.

For me personally, when I tell myself I'm not going to have something, all I can think about is having it. I've rode that rollercoaster for years and it brought me nothing but obsessing over certain food items and self-recrimination. Now I just plan to have whatever it is I'm wanting, account for the calories, and move on with my day.

I understand some people may feel more in control when they decide to eliminate certain foods from their diet, but I know firsthand -- from trying over and over again -- that it just doesn't work for me.